What Makeup

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lindag

Reaction score
Girls,

I'm just wondering what makeup you all use, I currently use Clinque but would am thinking of changing to M.A.C I know a few people that use it and the mags make it look great and colours are fab but is is so expensive. a single eyeshadow is about €12 or £8.50

i have used clinique for about 22 years but lately i am getting very sick of it i bought a new mascara from the high impact range it was awful i could have scratched my eyes out

hi i know mac is meant to be fab make up , but i dont know coz i cant afford it :lol: , i know there are some good proffessional make up sites, but for the life in me cant remember wot they are called, i think they were in a recent scratch mag/ or proffesssional beauty , i know some of them you can buy the real high pigmant colours like wot they use for photo shoots and stuff , hope this helps

Cheap and cheerful - thats me! If i like it i couldnt care what name it is and certainly aint paying over the odds just coz its got a fancy name!! Bourgois do lovely colours if its eye shadows you're after.

I think if you use a good foundation then you can use any old slap over it lol as the foundation creates the base for the make up to adhere to -- does that make sence...

I use clinque 1-2-3 and I love would not change if for the world - But I like Bobby Browns foundation -- apart from the last tiny bit always dries up on me - boohoo....

I also think the canvas base by Clinque is excellent for keeeping you eye shaddows on all day long... there you go thats my opinion

i use clinique because my skin is very very sensative wish i could use cheap stuff

Carole Lindsay said:
Cheap and cheerful - thats me! If i like it i couldnt care what name it is and certainly aint paying over the odds just coz its got a fancy name!! Bourgois do lovely colours if its eye shadows you're after.

Do get em wrong I love clinque and have been using it for a few years now but in the last 12 months I have been getting problem skin and feel a total rage change could do me the world of good even if it will gost me about €200

Fab Freak said:
I think if you use a good foundation then you can use any old slap over it lol as the foundation creates the base for the make up to adhere to -- does that make sence...

I use clinque 1-2-3 and I love would not change if for the world - But I like Bobby Browns foundation -- apart from the last tiny bit always dries up on me - boohoo....

I also think the canvas base by Clinque is excellent for keeeping you eye shaddows on all day long... there you go thats my opinion
well i'm one of these lucky people who has good skin and doesnt need foundation :biggrin:

Carole Lindsay said:
well i'm one of these lucky people who has good skin and doesnt need foundation :biggrin:

I knew I didn't like you for a reason! :twisted:

Actually I'm a cheap n cheerful person myself! I'm a bit fickle with things like eye shadow, mascara etc., but for the last few years I've been using Max Factor Lasting Performance foundation, and for even longer than that I've been using Corn Silk Loose Translucent Face Powder - not expensive, about £7.00 and I love it! Current eye shadows and lipsticks are actually Tesco's own - and they're great.

The key to good skin is DRINK LOTS OF WATER and MAKE SURE YOU WASH THE BLOOMIN' STUFF OFF AT NIGHT!!! ;)

I use Models Prefer Foundation and yellow powder, Avon bronzer, Virgin Vie eyeshadows, Christian Dior Mascara, No 7 lipsticks.

I know its a variety of stuff but its what i like, i do like the one step face base from Virgin Vie too.

Skin care routine is either Liz Earle, Gatineau or Elemis, depending on the season.

Guess who shops on QVC a lot :lol:

Jue xxx

i have really sensitive eyes so i use bojouis (not spelt right) mascara the double ended one its brill ive tried avon cosmetics and other really cheap brands but they often effect my skin badly i love virgin vie cosmetics as well xx

some of the cheaper brands are made by the same companies as more expensive brands, i.e. chanel & bourjois. Also some companies will do discounts for make up students. I would pay out on things where you can see the quality such as foundations but experiment with others like eye shadow - if it looks & feels good then I get it, whoever it's by.

Well I toddled into brown thomas yesterday after work and spoke to one of the makeup artists and told her that I wanted to change my range to M.A.C and wasnt sure what exactly I wanted or ever if I was going to get anything there and then. She was great she sat me down and did a total makeup makeover showed how to apply and how not to apply foundations and eyeshadows. Get this . . . . . she used a brush to put on liquid foundation brings a total difference meaning to face painting :). She wrote down all the colours and brush types that she used and then said "maybe I'll see you again soon", didnt even try to sell me a single product. I was so very very impressed that I told her I would buy the lot (she nearly dropped dead) but I only bought three of the brushed, I got a liquid foundation, bronzer powder, lipstick, lipgloss, 5 eyeshadows and a couple of other bits and bobs all in all it cost about €300.

So when I got up this morning obviouly I wanted to wear my makeup to work (which I never do), and my boss ever commented on how well I looked - I think he thought I had an interview lol

I'm nipping over to Brown Thomas for a freebie make-over next time I'm due out for the evening! :lol:

lindag said:
Do get em wrong I love clinque and have been using it for a few years now but in the last 12 months I have been getting problem skin and feel a total rage change could do me the world of good even if it will gost me about €200

Hi

if its skincare your looking for dermalogica is fantastic! They only do foundation and tinted moisturiser though no other make up. Best thing would be to book a consultation at a salon and be face mapped. Take home your samples and try it. You wont be dissapointed its an absolutely fantastic range.

i also have very sensitive skin and use cliniques 1-2-3 range but have recently started using environ products too and have seen and felt a massive difference in my skin. its great!

i used to use clarins makeup but to be quite honest wasnt worth the money. benefit is gorgeous! cliniques superpowder is fantastic. its a powder but the more you put on the more it looks like a foundation so its great if you want coverage. but the best base ive found is jane iredales 4-in-1. its very very very very silly money to pay but if you have problem skin or sensitive then its the best! they say 'its so pure you can sleep in it' cos its minerals and will not cause spots. her makeup is that good that surgeons and doctors recommend it to patients that have had laser surgery etc on their face, and the camouflage range covers up birthmarks and severe redness up to the extent of damage after surgery!!!! how cool!

I use MAC and love it.................. it lasts all day even in the hottests of climates, like at work in the Tanning Shop............
The make up also lasts for ages......... in terms of usage............the colour ranges on the foundation is absolutly brilliant.........the eye shadows are excellent, so is the rest of the whole range.............
So it's MAC all the way for me........

For skincare I use Clarins my fav...........followed by Dermalogica if I had to choose....
Just my thoughts

Foundation should definetely be bought from a high end company. I use many different products because I buy so much make-up!! You tend to fall in love with different things. For expensive make-up, I like Lancome....and I'm going to try Mac next. But otherwise I keep it pretty simple by using Avon, Maybeline...just about anything from the drugstore!

Latest posts

Back