What medications can have reactions with perm lotion?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babychops

Reaction score
Hi geeks, does anyone know where I can find a list of medications that can have reactions with perm lotions? I have a client that is on a new medication (co-careldopa. To treat Parkinson's) and I want to check that this medication won't effect her perm? X

I doubt there is a definitive list?

Presumably, it's a mix of which perm you use, dosage of medication and the client's own chemistry that determines any ill effects. If you google the question, there's a few pages of anecdotal info. but it's not scientifically reliable. After all, lots of us suffer from migraines but they can be triggered by different events.

Is she a regular of yours who you've permed before? If not, has she had problems with perms not taking well in the past? What condition is her hair in?

I'd probably do a test curl and leave it a week or so and then decide your plan of action.

I doubt there is a definitive list?

Presumably, it's a mix of which perm you use, dosage of medication and the client's own chemistry that determines any ill effects. If you google the question, there's a few pages of anecdotal info. but it's not scientifically reliable. After all, lots of us suffer from migraines but they can be triggered by different events.

Is she a regular of yours who you've permed before? If not, has she had problems with perms not taking well in the past? What condition is her hair in?

I'd probably do a test curl and leave it a week or so and then decide your plan of action.

Thanks for replying. She is a regular client of mine and I have permed her hair for years with no problems. The condition of her hair is good, no breakages, frizziness etc x

Latest posts

Back