What motivates you to clean?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What gets me is the frequency that it all needs doing. I mean, it's constant. There is always something needing doing ... Can never get it all clean & tidy together and there's always something else nagging away

Coco I'll give you my address lol

If I have a spoon in the sink I have to wash it I can't just leave it. I'm always cleaning as I go along even if I'm washing my hands I end up cleaning the sink as well and yes course anytime [emoji8]

I enjoy it too, I get satisfaction out of thinking ah all lovely and clean, the most challenging job is the bathroom though, it gets so dusty
emoji30.png
drives me crazy, I don't own a mop either because id rather get on my hands and knees and clean to floors, I don't know if that's the normal thing or I'm strange - I hate mops
emoji52.png

Yep, you're odd, lol. :)

I've got lots of hard floors (tiles and wood) so I use a steam cleaner. Anything to minimise the time spent cleaning works for me.

You are all making me feel guilty and dirty.

I love the idea of hand and knees scrub... But it's actually getting round to it.

A thought has just occurred to me. I didn't mind cleaning (get that, I didn't MIND it, I never said I liked it lol) when we were in a little house with no kids and no dog and I worked full time and we split the chores 60/40
Methinks this has something to do with it

I enjoy cleaning, I usually ring my mum everyday on my days off for around 2 hours which is when I do my deep cleans, (who is badly OCD with cleaning ) so I clean while talking to her like scrubbing and polishing and ironing etc etc then by the time I'm off the phone all I need to do is the floors, I deep clean about twice a week and just a quick wipe over things when I'm working but my house is pretty small so never takes me all that long X

I hired a cleaner a few months ago and its the best thing I ever did. Everything is clean/tidy and I don't get so angry with my husband for not pulling his weight.

My dream is to have a cleaner. My only motivation is because I don't like dirt. The only cleaning I get pleasure from is washing and drying clothes I'm addicted to fabric softener and I love to see a wash on. I clean my car religiously inside and out every week because I'm mobile and don't think it's professional to turn up in a dirty car, I do quite enjoy that too but the rest of it I would pay someone to do if I could afford it xx

Watching obsessive compulsive cleaners or hoarders makes me want to clean, also when Ive been to someone's house that's super immaculate I feel the urge to hoover the stairs for some reason haha, I go right through the house on a Wednesday, top to bottom but by the evening it looks like it did before I bothered :mad: (there are 5 people in my house and no one lifts a finger! I've tried money they just cock their noses up!)
I have a new bathroom which is all white & every surface is wipeable, I have to clean it every day because my stupid tumble dryer is in there & it puts a layer of fluff over the whole room it looks awful :mad: I do the floor by hand in there, I'd love the girls off obsessive compulsive cleaners to come swab my bathroom floor :D

Out of curiosity how many of you use wet wipes to clean in your house? My mum thinks I'm nuts because I buy 5 packets of cheapy wet wipes every week, I use these & an anti bac or bleach spray, anyone else??

Watching obsessive compulsive cleaners or hoarders makes me want to clean, also when Ive been to someone's house that's super immaculate I feel the urge to hoover the stairs for some reason haha, I go right through the house on a Wednesday, top to bottom but by the evening it looks like it did before I bothered :mad: (there are 5 people in my house and no one lifts a finger! I've tried money they just cock their noses up!)
I have a new bathroom which is all white & every surface is wipeable, I have to clean it every day because my stupid tumble dryer is in there & it puts a layer of fluff over the whole room it looks awful :mad: I do the floor by hand in there, I'd love the girls off obsessive compulsive cleaners to come swab my bathroom floor :D

Out of curiosity how many of you use wet wipes to clean in your house? My mum thinks I'm nuts because I buy 5 packets of cheapy wet wipes every week, I use these & an anti bac or bleach spray, anyone else??

Yea I love wipes but only for the loo

Not aimed at anyone in particular.

Please, please, please DO NOT throw any wipes down the loo even the 'flushable' ones because they don't actually biodegrade and cause so many blockages in the mains drains.

You might not have experienced a blockage but if your house is at the end of a run, it will back up and you'll have smelly sewage everywhere.

I had a friend who paid to ditch their septic tank and get joined up to the mains drain that ran near their home. Unfortunately, her house was the end of the run and it regularly got blocked up by wipes and other rubbish and flowed over her front garden.

Only toilet roll should go down the loo. :)

I don't flush them... I pile them up on the floor (not the toilet ones) spray the floor then wipe the whole floor with the bundle :)

Please, please, please DO NOT throw any wipes down the loo even the 'flushable' ones because they don't actually biodegrade and cause so many blockages in the mains drains.

You might not have experienced a blockage but if your house is at the end of a run, it will back up and you'll have smelly sewage everywhere.

I had a friend who paid to ditch their septic tank and get joined up to the mains drain that ran near their home. Unfortunately, her house was the end of the run and it regularly got blocked up by wipes and other rubbish and flowed over her front garden.

I've always flushed them [emoji37] I didn't realise the flushable ones are not biodegradable

I get this too as I share a pumping station with 3 other houses. If anyone puts something down the loo or if both of the pumps stop it comes up my drains [emoji33]

I've always flushed them [emoji37] I didn't realise the flushable ones are not biodegradable

I know, it's scandalous that they can advertise them as flushable without making it clear that they don't biodegrade and they cause so many drain problems.

I've had septic tanks in the last two houses so I've always been very careful about what goes down the sinks and loos. :eek:

I always used to flush them.

We got a bung up and it's not pretty

Trust me

My parents have super sensitive loo's and a tiny little bit extra down there and it's blocked yuk once I ended up sticking the stick from my mums orchid down the loo to try and get things to move lol it was gross

My parents have super sensitive loo's and a tiny little bit extra down there and it's blocked yuk once I ended up sticking the stick from my mums orchid down the loo to try and get things to move lol it was gross
I use a chopstick!

Last year one clever bunny in my tiny village was flushing nappies down the loo. My neighbour decided to unblock the drains himself and was fishing dirty nappies out!

Last year one clever bunny in my tiny village was flushing nappies down the loo. My neighbour decided to unblock the drains himself and was fishing dirty nappies out!

If I knew who was doing that, I'd be flinging them into their garden!

Omg this post is too funny

Latest posts

Back