What motivates you to clean?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I knew who was doing that, I'd be flinging them into their garden!
Haha! Omg, this sounds like something my boyfriend would say lol

When I first moved in with my boyfriend, he was previously sharing his basement flat with his sister. One night the toilet started to bubble and I was panicking cuz water was backing up everywhere. I called my dad and he sped over to help. We go to unblock our sub pump (shoots waste water up to ground level and out to the city lines) and find it FULL of plastic tampon applicators!!! Apparently my boyfriend's sister was flushing them :/ so note to anyone, dont flush those either! Lol

I've gone in to full on cleaning mode I can now see my bedroom floor and now I'm tackling my drawers [emoji85] could be here all night!

My friends know me if there's not a couple of clothes on the floor they ask me if I'm feeling okay! Going to eBay a few things when I can be bothered to!

I have a lovely cleaner. She charges £20 for 2 hours. I charge £25 for a Hollywood and I book out half hour for that so an extra half a week at work covers it.
When I had personal training at the gym I added an hour to my working week to cover it

Just having everything in its place nice and shiny is my motivation!
I don't use cloths or dusters, I buy loads of antibac wipes and use them literally everywhere! I find that when I use cloths in the kitchen with spray products they get so manky I just don't like them being in my kitchen, even after I wash them as well! My bathroom is all tiles and oh my gosh I need a steam mop so bad! I usually hoover it and then go over everything with wipes.
And a very expensive habit is those Glade reed diffusers, got one in every room lol ( I am a smoker and I really hope to think my house doesn't smell like it! )
If you have a spare hour or so go onto youtube and search for AlejandraCostello :)

I don't use cloths or dusters, I buy loads of antibac wipes and use them literally everywhere! I find that when I use cloths in the kitchen with spray products they get so manky I just don't like them being in my kitchen, even after I wash them as well! My bathroom is all tiles and oh my gosh I need a steam mop so bad! I usually hoover it and then go over everything with wipes.
And a very expensive habit is those Glade reed diffusers, got one in every room lol ( I am a smoker and I really hope to think my house doesn't smell like it! )
If you have a spare hour or so go onto youtube and search for AlejandraCostello :)
Love reed diffusers and scented candles [emoji177][emoji177]

I'm a clean freak, I have a daily rota in my head of what I'm going to do and when between children's nap times and food, and play times, and it just plays on my mind if it's not done, I think it was more drilled into me from a young age, my mum would be up at midnight cleaning windows because she hadn't done it and it was in her head to do it for that day, although now at 64 she's a lot more relaxed about cleaning and I don't go to them extremes

Oh how I wish I was like you! My mum is a clean freak but unfortunately I just didn't get that gene lol. I'm not unclean, just untidy! However, when I watch Obsessive Compulsive Cleaners on channel 4 that acts as motivation. After a long day at work I just don't have the energy. Sunday Is my cleaning & washing/ironing day.

I am the exact same with cloths I thought I was just weird [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] I love wipes!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1468962137.390522.jpg

Finding a huge spider leg in your bed !!

I've torn apart the whole room looking for the rest of him and have been bleaching everything [emoji23]

no flipping sign of the rest of him though [emoji85]

Noreen you're giving me nightmares! *shudder*

I just walked into a spider that was hanging from a thread at face height. I screamed so loudly next door phoned to see if I was ok and their house isn't even attached to ours (admittedly the windows are open).

I don't mind spiders but in the face was not nice.

Tomorrow I shall clean!! [emoji33][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

View attachment 199261

Finding a huge spider leg in your bed !!

I've torn apart the whole room looking for the rest of him and have been bleaching everything [emoji23]

no flipping sign of the rest of him though [emoji85]
Pretty sure it's acceptable to set fire to that house...

Latest posts

Back