What nail stuff do you take on holiday in case of emergency(broken nail)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1nails

Reaction score
Going on holiday soon and don't want to take everything. But what if the worst happens and I lose a nail or crack one.

Don't want any of my precious nail booty getting lost in flight.

the only thing i ever take with me is a 180/240 file and a buffer!!
if i break one or crack one i remove it or file it short! end of!!
hth x

hth x

Same here. Not worth risking taking your kit xx

hth x

Me too!!

With all the different security measures in airports these days ( and rightly so!), I just don't think it is worth it. Besides when I am on holiday.....I am on HOLIDAY!!!!

I took two forms,my brush and kanga board and a ret+ try me kit in case of emmergency.

Ps i had no probs as it was only a small amount and it was in my case hth's

I took a small silk/fibreglass kit and a bottle of nail polish, any mishaps and i repaired them with silk and then painted the lot. We drove to france and I repaired one in the car on the way lol.

Rachel xx

i have took files and buffer in the past and spent the holiday worrying about having to file the nail off or short if it breaks or cracks etc, so last time, i wore no nails (and let me tell you my nails are awful due to the meds etc) so i lathered them in solar oil for few weeks before i went and did nice manicure the day before and just wore CND limelight on them, yes they were short and yes they didnt look fabulous but, they were clean, tidy and neat and i didnt have to worry once about filing, fixing pr lfiting from all the swimming etc, and guess what i really enjoyed my holiday, and id have never thought id ever go away without nails on, but i did and it was great,

i decided that trying to take monomer (no matter how small an amount) on the plane just wasnt worth it, and while we were on hols we met a couple who's friend has tried to bring stuff with her in her case and the sniffer dogs or xray machine or something picked it up , anyway they wouldnt let her on the plane, she had to remove everything, be questioned, repack and wait for another flight (at her own expense) so i thought phew im so glad i didnt try and sneak anything on!! its not worth the risk

xxxx

Lifes too short...... enjoy your holiday, let your hair down and enjoy yourself.

I never take any of my kit with me.

Hope you have a fab time.

hth x
same as + speed bond :cool:. enjoy ur hols

I take a file and solar balm, thats it, cant be doing with worrying about me nails! :)

Quite a few posts mention they have concerns about travelling with monomer :eek:

I really don't see the big deal,the same rules apply when travelling with any flammable (in this kind of quantity anyway)

International tech's would be buggered not being able to take their kit :lol:

Quite a few posts mention they have concerns about travelling with monomer :eek:

I really don't see the big deal,the same rules apply when travelling with any flammable (in this kind of quantity anyway)

International tech's would be buggered not being able to take their kit :lol:

i was advised by another tech who flies frequently not to take monomer no matter how small an amount on board and i decided i couldnt live with myself if i sneaked something flammable onboard and it exploded under the pressure, it just wasnt worth it, :lol:
and i contacted my airline and to be honest they didnt have a clue, what i was talking about, someone else mentioned on a thread about it on here, that their airline said yes , but when they arrove dta airport, security said no, so they had to throw sample kit away in the bin (arrghh what a waste lol)

so depends which airline your flying with, but ive got to say, i would say just dont do it
but thats just mho:)

xxxx

Just had a quick look Nicky,I seems you are right Hun.

However when i enquired with virgin,they told me i was allowed to take so many fl oz (sorry cant' remember) as long as it was sealed and in the case ?!?!?

I take a tiny little tube of gelbond and a 240grit file and a buffer. Any cracks I just slap on the gelbond and file it smooth once it drys. I went on holiday a couple of weeks ago and stupidly was sporting a long french (well long for me anyway) I broke my nail on the plane...........so I glued the broken bit back on with a generous amount of gelbond. Once dried I just buffed it smooth and it stayed put for the next 4 days until I got back when I soaked them all off.

I love gelbond for occasions just like that.

I take a tiny little tube of gelbond and a 240grit file and a buffer. Any cracks I just slap on the gelbond and file it smooth once it drys. I went on holiday a couple of weeks ago and stupidly was sporting a long french (well long for me anyway) I broke my nail on the plane...........so I glued the broken bit back on with a generous amount of gelbond. Once dried I just buffed it smooth and it stayed put for the next 4 days until I got back when I soaked them all off.

I love gelbond for occasions just like that.

Ditto I was on holiday september and I took some gel bond and 240 file just incase I broke one! I kept them qiute short though to try and avoid breakages lol x

when i go on holiday i stay with a nail tech mate, so im sorted hhahahha

ok. I think i will just take a file and have confidence that i have done a good job and will have no problem.

Thank you all.

the advise you have had so far is so true hun.......

you are on holiday f*** the nails let youe hair down.just be prepared for it before it happens and have a file handy.

i was advised on my course that you are unable to send any acrylic liquid etc on a plane because they are flammable chemicals.you have to have them shipped over or driven.....no point for holiday only if you are setting yup business abroad :hug:

Latest posts

Back