What nails are you sporting today?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love these you've done a lovely job! I'd love to see if anyone's got any tips for doing these.Xx

And thank you too! X😃 sorry too take 3 posts up but couldn't put them all together!

What crystals and size do you use? I normally use clear ss5 swarovskis, but yours look slightly bigger and I love them!! Xx

I use Swarovski, crystal AB, I use different sizes depending on client but in this pic the big toe is ss9, the next toe is ss8 and the rest are ss6 x x x

Thanks, what's Eco topcoat? I only have shellac top coat or brisa finishing gloss, would either of those or both work as well? X

I've never used brisa finishing gloss so I'm afraid I can't comment on that, and I found that using the shellac it was quite thick and you use ALOT of product and as we know shellac is the best but you pay for this so the cheaper way I found to do it was using the Eco topcoat as its thinner, I don't apply it all the way to the sidewalls, this is because as it cures it tends to "drop" and was leaking over the skin so I firstly use it just a bit away from the sidewalls then cure and then I use the orly gel fx because the consistency is thinner than shellac but thicker than Eco.

Hth x x x

Love browsing through all these pics, great inspiration!
My nails are just natural at the moment, no polish, nothing, because I'm doing my manicure course Wednesday :)
Can't wait to get started, especially after seeing all the beautiful nails in this thread!

Sent from my HTC One V using SalonGeek

So I tried this today...shellac with minxlusion rose cut into strips with shellac top coat over the top...lets see if it lasts...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358801255.916091.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358801255.916091.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 490
I'm going to Disneyland for my birthday at the weekend, so I'm celebrating with some Minnie Mouse nails!! Used fingernail fixers tutorial for shellac decals to do the Minnie head, so easy and effective!!

dusyrydy.jpg

Mine today

picture.php

Miss Owen these are fab!! I'm trying to work out how youv done these but your going to have to tell me!!... xx

Done these tonight for a client. I didn't come up with the design, she brought a picture, but it's the first time i've done this shape so weren't sure how they'd turn out! But she was happy :) xxx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358812780.124210.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358812780.124210.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 458
Done these tonight for a client. I didn't come up with the design, she brought a picture, but it's the first time i've done this shape so weren't sure how they'd turn out! But she was happy :) xxx

Look fab Stacie! Are they extensions? What have you used here? Colours & beads? xx

I couldn't sleep last night :lol: Please ignore any rough spots it was 4am.

Attachments

• bright nails.jpg
    bright nails.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 444
How did you do these? Love them!!! xx

Thanks, I sculpted clear tipped enhancements as usual (using ret+ clear powder for the tip- great clarity!) then applied 2 coats of Shellac cream puff.
At first I started free hand painting the stripes in blackpool but they werent as sharp and neat as I wanted so I applied striping tape in lines, painted over it all in blackpool, left to settle for a minute then peeled the tape off, cured and finished with Shellac top coat. :biggrin:

Look fab Stacie! Are they extensions? What have you used here? Colours & beads? xx

Thanks hun :) yeah they're acrylic with sheek white, my favourite accessory, black acrylic paint, and gold stud/gems xxx

Last edited:
Was feeling all Disney yesterday!!xxx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358857068.602783.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358857068.602783.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 365
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358857081.135991.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358857081.135991.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 362

Latest posts

Back