What nails are you sporting today?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love these jojo, how did you do them?

Not in traditional colours but thought id have a go.
Can't get a good pic as they are so sparkly, but they are actually neater than they look in the photo. (not being big headed lol) x

gorgeous hun x

I have been wanting to try this for so long, and now that I have finally been able to try it, I really wanted to share:o.

This is a mani I did using Martha Stewart flocking powder from her valentines collection. I had to buy this from the US as I could not find flocking powder, where I live and ordering from the US turned out cheaper than finding it in Europe :eek:

XhCjC.jpg

The interesting thing is that this mani is quite resistant. I have washed my face, brushed my teeth, done my make up, hell I even (albeit carefully) applied oil to my nails and the mani still looks perfect.

This mani makes me smile, and for me that makes it great. I realize it's not for everyone and maybe a simple accent nail could have been enough; but if your going to do something a little funky, I say go all out :D

(I had posted this in the main forum but obviously it was the wrong place :sad:)

Oww I LOVE these...looks like pink fluffy jackets for your nails :Love:

Can't get a good pic as they are so sparkly, but they are actually neater than they look in the photo. (not being big headed lol) x

Excellent :cool:

Fancied something girly so went for Shellac 'Gotcha'

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1338545811.948020.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1338545811.948020.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 1,916
Tutti frutti shellac with minx ring finger :) finally ordered tutti frutti the other day and I love love LOVE it!! Had so many comments! Xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1338547519.413136.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1338547519.413136.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 469
Does the marbling work the same as polish in water?

Sent from my GT-I9000T using SalonGeek

It's just a water decal on top of Gelish :) got them off eBay x

Love love love these!! Can I ask where your glitters are from?
X

thanks :) i got them from ebay, its chunky glitter pieces, i could pm you the ones i got if u want?x

Gonna put these on my nails this weekend but thought I'd better do a practice run through first...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1338550866.742426.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1338550866.742426.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 319
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1338550880.668521.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1338550880.668521.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 304
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1338550889.976919.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1338550889.976919.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 262
Gonna put these on my nails this weekend but thought I'd better do a practice run through first...
I don't think you needed the practice they look pretty perfect to me.

Oww I LOVE these...looks like pink fluffy jackets for your nails :Love:
Hihihi, they do keep your fingers warm :wink2: A friend of mine said I had cotton candy nails, which is another perfect description.

Aww these are lovely, very me :) I wish you could do my nails! Xx
Awww that's a really lovely thing to say, thank you :hug:!!!

I love the non traditional colours!!! Great thinking.

Hi picchi
Have u tried stamping on them? Only reason I ask is because we are doin nails for a photoshoot at college and the theme weve picked is Wimbledon so we want to do one nail tennis ball style so was thinking yellow/ green velveteen? but not really sure how to create the White lines on it ?
I do not think you could stamp onto the fuzzy but maybe you could airbrush it???

This is what I would do to create fuzzy tennis ball nails:
First I would paint the nail yellow/green and wait for that to dry. Then with a stripping brush, dipped into white polish, I would draw the white lines of the tennis ball and then add the white flocking power to the wet lines. Once that has all dried I would carfully paint the rest of the nail with another coat of polish (maybe clear would be best) and then add the yellow/green flocking powder.
In theory the green flocking powder should fall straight off the white flocking powder given that it has nothing to stick too, covering everything else. Good luck and let me know how it goes

Thanks so much, I just bought some and can't wait to have a go x

I hope you have fun with it :hug:

Let me tell you they are not as fragile as I thought. I was cooking lunch yesterday and I chopped up some sun-dried tomatoes conserved in olive oil. As you can imagine my nails looked like I had killed someone afterwards:Scared:. I washed my hands and nails and all the red and oil came off :eek:. They where not perfect but they where totally passable.
Once you try removing a fluffy mani you realize how resistant it is. I ended up having to use the foil method as it's just like removing a glitter... a total PITA, lol. Now I have red fluffy nails on, I'm totally hooked =D

I don't think you needed the practice they look pretty perfect to me.
Tis the curse of a perfectionist I'm afraid, always self critical and never totally happy with your own work. Saying that, if I squint my eyes whilst looking at it, it looks near as dammit perfect, so I'll settle for that or else I'll drive myself bonkers!

Latest posts

Back