What nails are you sporting today?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine today ...Don't know whether to call this design bubbles or snakeskin

Is this done by dropping the gel polish into an uncured layer? I think I did this in a nail art class it looks brill :)

some more nails i done :) xx

My glitter zebra print toes!

Sent from my C6603 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1378029155237.jpg
    1378029155237.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 436
Not my finest paint job, but had a play with my A/W forbidden Additives and Grape Gum, quite pleased with the finish and the colour combo

Might try something similar in a few days with Dark Dahlia, Plum Love, Burning Ember and Antique bronze.

x

Attachments

• 2013-09-01 08.19.12.jpg
    2013-09-01 08.19.12.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 484
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1378030707.306603.jpg. Breaking bad, woo!

Just done mine :D
Im new to doing nails and very proud of my own set. Its hard doing your own

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1378031077597.jpg
    1378031077597.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 528
Is this done by dropping the gel polish into an uncured layer? I think I did this in a nail art class it looks brill :)

Yup :) I used Gelish, you do your chosen base colours first, then apply a darker colour (I used Black) then before curing the black you add drops of top coat, it spreads the to reveal you're base colour.

Here's a how too mani

:)
Edit : Another nail tech gave a tip about how to do this technique with Shellac ..

"Shellac can as I've used Young nails tutorial for it, but you could try a different way - base coat cure, Blackpool cure, Blackpool do not cure, then add random dots of say Rubble for instance,Cure and then top coat & cure. You will get the same "spreading" of colours."

I'll have a play on some pops tomorrow and see what I can come up with :)

Last edited:
Just watched the video, is the topcoat in the middle necessary? X

Just watched the video, is the topcoat in the middle necessary? X

Actually no its not :) I've tried it both ways, I thought maybe he put the top coat between the colour coats to keep the colour cleaner/brighter underneath, but I found it makes no difference and makes for an easier removal if you don't :)

I think the key to keeping the colour brighter underneath is just to use a super thin coat of your darker colour.

I'm not "sporting" these as I have a set of p&w's on ready for CND enhancement day, but these are my very first play with Shellac and foils....
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1378043895.731030.jpg

Quite a few need three coats, even really dark ones like Bella's Vampire and Plum & Done. It girl is lovely and covers well :)

Oh that's ok then just thought I kept buying light colours lol ill look into them ones sx

After wrecking my nails camping I've shortened them all and have tjis shellac cake pop with brown lace design on, it reminds me of old fashioned stocking tops!
picture.php

These are gorgeous! How do you do these? X

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

I finally had a play with my Gelish after seeing lots of these around.

1378060217491.jpg

I love the look and so easy too xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

These are gorgeous! How do you do these? X

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

There's a how too about 7 posts up hun :)

And I've also added to the post how this can be done with Shellac too.

Last edited:
udube4uq.jpg
this is what I'm sporting right now - I'm in practise mode :) anyways sculpted l&p acrylic stiletto with 3d flowers and Swarovski crystals

I finally had a play with my Gelish after seeing lots of these around.

View attachment 41746

I love the look and so easy too xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

udube4uq.jpg
this is what I'm sporting right now - I'm in practise mode :) anyways sculpted l&p acrylic stiletto with 3d flowers and Swarovski crystals

Wow x

Latest posts

Back