What Next?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

venetia

Reaction score
I've finally managed to get enough clients to start up my own business properly now and would be grateful for any advice on what to do about the book keeping side of things.

Thanks
Venetia :)

I've finally managed to get enough clients to start up my own business properly now and would be grateful for any advice on what to do about the book keeping side of things.

Thanks
Venetia :)
In all honesty I would suggest getting a good book keeper/accountant.This is a professional service and they know lots of ways to save you money.

Example:my mother has a property she rents out.She used to have an accountant.Her partner said"you dont need an accountant,I can do the books for you",

She rings me a month ago to tell me she has her bill which is several hundred pounds more than it ever was when she had an accountant.

I said to her it's because you dont have the book keeper anymore.Her partner may be good at doing maths etc but he is not a qualified book keeper or accountant,dosn't know what she is or isn't entitled to therefore cannot help her to save money in areas that she should be able to.

Ask any other friends who they use.Recommendations are usually the best way of finding the best of the best.

You may have to pay out for a book keeper but it will still save you money in the long term.HTH

your accountant should be able to explain this to you, also if you get in touch with the inland revenue office they offer all sorts of short courses on business problems and they are free

I do my own book keeping at the moment but i will probably get an accountant to do my tax return when its due.
If you decide to do it yourself then there is a book that i have which has been a godsend, all you have to do is write your incomings/outgoings in, its so simple.

Its called The best small business accounts book. Got mine from WHsmith, think it was about £9

I keep on top of my books (this is something I stupidly negelcted when I had a salon and would rush & get them done just before the tax return date).

But I am proud I manage to keep on top of everything myself now.

If you go to a business link they offer courses on book keeping for small businesses and its well worth going to if you dont know where to start, not to mention all the other business tips you could find out.

Latest posts

Back