what oils can you use for a freeby cuticle oil.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurab71

Reaction score
Hi there. I have had a thought about cuticle oil & my clients. I was doing 2 sets of acrylic nails on some client the other day & they were beautiful. I was really impressed with myself. But what has amazed me is, they usually go to a salon & have never been told about the wonder of cuticle oil. Even another mobile technician never told them about the importance of cuticle oil. I thought that was one of the most important things in the nail business.So i had to tell them why they must use it at every occasion when it comes to acrylic. Is there a point when you don`t have to use cuticle oil when it comes to enhancements?
So i have decide to try & supply every new enhancement client with a little bit of cuticle oil in a little container ( free of charge) but obviously until they become regulars, i am not gonna give them free solar oil. Once they become regulars, i will provide them once with decent oil. So, can someone tell me if i can use olive oil, almond oil or any other oils that i can buy in bulk, because you cant seem to buy cuticle oil in bulk.
Laws.x.:lol:

Hi there. I have had a thought about cuticle oil & my clients. I was doing 2 sets of acrylic nails on some client the other day & they were beautiful. I was really impressed with myself. But what has amazed me is, they usually go to a salon & have never been told about the wonder of cuticle oil. Even another mobile technician never told them about the importance of cuticle oil. I thought that was one of the most important things in the nail business.So i had to tell them why they must use it at every occasion when it comes to acrylic. Is there a point when you don`t have to use cuticle oil when it comes to enhancements?
So i have decide to try & supply every new enhancement client with a little bit of cuticle oil in a little container ( free of charge) but obviously until they become regulars, i am not gonna give them free solar oil. Once they become regulars, i will provide them once with decent oil. So, can someone tell me if i can use olive oil, almond oil or any other oils that i can buy in bulk, because you cant seem to buy cuticle oil in bulk.
Laws.x.:lol:

To be honest, I would be quite insulted if a Tech advised me to use olive oil on my nails but once I'd paid her £x gave me some Solar Oil and basically said I didn't want to waste my money on you before now..... And that is the impression you will give......

Build the cost of a pinkie Solar Oil into your full set price and give one to every new client. Once they've had it and used it you can either sell them a bigger size or refill their pinkie for a lower cost than a new one...... That's what I do, and it gives the impression of me and my business that I want to give.

Ok. I already have some little freeby cuticle oils that are in heart shaped containers, that i give to my clients after i do the enhancements & the clients think they are nice. I got them of a beauty/nail site, but they have stopped doing them.
So what is this pinkie you are on about? Were will i find them please.

Ok. I already have some little freeby cuticle oils that are in heart shaped containers, that i give to my clients after i do the enhancements & the clients think they are nice. I got them of a beauty/nail site, but they have stopped doing them.
So what is this pinkie you are on about? Were will i find them please.

Like all sizes of Solar Oil it's available from Sweet Squared or any of the sub-distributors. S2s number is 0845 210 6060.

The pinkies are 3.7ml and come in packs of 20 or 40.

hth's

i give a free pinky size of solar oil , as it looks professional and it works really well :green:

Once they become regulars, i will provide them once with decent oil. Laws.x.:lol:

I get your thinking. But personally I would give them a fantastic oil at the beginning, so they had the benefit of a great oil which would do a great job, keep the nails you did for them looking fantastic and therefore bring them back to you as regular clients again and again. Solar oil is lovely, it also smells great (marzipan yum) and because of the smell I find clients have no problem remembering to put it on, as they find it a pleasure!! And it will all be to your greater benefit in the end because they will become loyal clients. JMHO hth x

I agree with Vetty, build the price of a mini solar oil into your service price if you want to give a complimentary cuticle oil. Would you not want to sell the cuticle oil and accustom your client to the retail side of your service, perhaps one purchase would lead to another, whereas if they get it free the first time, they might not want to pay for it in the future. Only my opinion though!:green:

Latest posts

Back