What part of the enhancement procedure do you feel most unsure about?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
also blending natural tips i can blend well if i take along time on myself but i never know how low down/far up i stick the tip because then when i blend the free edge i make doesnt look natural because the blended line is always too far down towards the cuticle.

when i do blended tips on someone with longer nails i place the tip quite far up, blend and do the white and smile line this looks better but dont know how to get them to look good natural on both bitten/longer nails!

on a client who has short/bitten nails i have to place the tip quite far down but i dont think im blending right because it always wears away through filing too much or i dont blend enough because i can feel the tip where it hasnt been blended.

this is why i stick to white tips but want to widen the variaty of nails i can do

where do i place the tip?!
Tailor your tips before applying... ie, cut out the well with curved scissors leaving a slither of tip to apply to the nail, by doing this you only have a very small contact area to blend in.

Using mainly white tips limits you to doing nails on clients who have near perfect nailbeds. Have you considered using a coverage/opaque L+P powder or gel? It will allow you to extend the nailbeds on clients with bitten nails, therefore making their nailbeds appear to be longer and more natural than they really are :wink2:

hth's a bit

Tailor your tips before applying... ie, cut out the well with curved scissors leaving a slither of tip to apply to the nail, by doing this you only have a very small contact area to blend in.

Using mainly white tips limits you to doing nails on clients who have near perfect nailbeds. Have you considered using a coverage/opaque L+P powder or gel? It will allow you to extend the nailbeds on clients with bitten nails, therefore making their nailbeds appear to be longer and more natural than they really are :wink2:

hth's a bit

i have tried cutting the well out on tips and when i apply do i apply in the same place id apply a white tip? or do i need to stick if further towards the cuticle? Do i need to blend just the tip do i need to lightly blend into the natural nail? ive always been told to not touch the natural nail.
And do i need to blend the tips so i cannot feel a ridge?

oh and do i use the black 180 grit file to blend?

i think cutting the tip well out will work better for me and will see if my mum will be my guinui pig

im also going to try the reverse app method but dont have an e-file so will be using my good old natural file

do i need to hold my file at an angle when blending the tip?

I would have to do sculptured on that bitten nail client right? Would i use the clear powder (nsi) or the pink? hmm cs im not sure which.

i love watching people doing nails it makes me want to do more!
im allergic to nsi l&p though i get an itchy bubbly rash on my fingers!!

thanks i feel like a newbie all over again i havent done nails for aaages! :( x

I still feel insecure about the consistency in my mix ratio. I am happy with the nails that i deliver by now. It,s just the difficult customers that make me doubt myself when the claim that the nails fell off.

I use cnd l&p and i know about how you have to look at your bead absorbing the liquid and say going going gone, but is that the time that it would take as counting to two as a clock would?

nails falling off is classic in some people....just ignore them...i am sitting here shaking my hands really hard....they are still on my fingers :eek:...no shock....just realistic....they could have caught there nails or picked them....as for counting hun....its secounds....you can see it aborbed...then apply to nail xx

i have tried cutting the well out on tips and when i apply do i apply in the same place id apply a white tip?
or do i need to stick if further towards the cuticle?
You apply it to the edge of the natural nail

Do i need to blend just the tip do i need to lightly blend into the natural nail? ive always been told to not touch the natural nail.
And do i need to blend the tips so i cannot feel a ridge?

You blend the tip all the way from the free edge to the join, the whole tip needs to be thinned out... this tutorial will help you... http://www.salongeek.com/nail-finis...le-control-part-2-thinning-blending-tips.html

oh and do i use the black 180 grit file to blend?

Use a 180/240, start with the 180 grit and change to the other side when getting closer to the natural nail.

do i need to hold my file at an angle when blending the tip?
The link I gave above will help with the angle of your abrasive.

I would have to do sculptured on that bitten nail client right?

No, not necessarily, you can use an opaque powder or gel for zones 2 and 3.

Would i use the clear powder (nsi) or the pink? hmm cs im not sure which.
I believe NSI do a powder called Pink Masque?!
Hope that helps a bit x

Latest posts

Back