What part of the enhancement procedure do you feel most unsure about?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ValencianNails

Positivity rules!
Reaction score
Is there any part of the enhancement procedure that you feel unsure about?

Maybe you have problems blending tips?

Are you having difficulties with your apex?

Do you have problems with certain free edge shapes? (ie stiletto)

All of us (and I really do mean all of us) have felt unsure about some part of the enhancement procedure at one point or another... how about we lend you a hand ???

Remember that no question is considered silly, only the question that you don't ask :hug:

So come on geeky peeps... tell us and we'll try our best to help you out.

ok ....i still get a bit of lifting sometimes at the cuticle....this is because i hate filing zone 3....dont want to hurt cuticle....so i feather it like christies nails do.... angie has told me best file but i have not recieved mine yet....any other help ...files how you all do it would help and how do you lot not make the cuticle bleed when filing zone 3.....is it the angle of your file????
thanks in advance xx

what file do you use sandi???? i do make zone 3 thin !!!! xx

ok ....i still get a bit of lifting sometimes at the cuticle....this is because i hate filing zone 3....dont want to hurt cuticle....so i feather it like christies nails do.... angie has told me best file but i have not recieved mine yet....any other help ...files how you all do it would help and how do you lot not make the cuticle bleed when filing zone 3.....is it the angle of your file????
thanks in advance xx

Use a file that is slightly worn rather than a new one near the cuticle and make sure you have rubbed the edges of your new file on the old one (does that make sense?)
I use a grey wolf or grey fox from EzFlow for this.

what file do you use sandi???? i do make zone 3 thin !!!! xx
For finishing I use a 180 (I use mainly gel and need a 180 grit for the finishing gloss), when using L+P I use a 240 then graduate through the grits on my shiner, I'm still in the 'non client' stage of L+P :o

The sponge abrasives are good as they don't break the skin if you happen to get carried away.

I have not really practiced L&P yet but what I do get frustrated with is consistent mix ratio. I only use gel on clients at the minute so I am not really getting enough practice.

thanks guys....my questiones answered....what a brill thread ....:Dxx

Use a file that is slightly worn rather than a new one near the cuticle and make sure you have rubbed the edges of your new file on the old one (does that make sense?)
I use a grey wolf or grey fox from EzFlow for this.

and yes hun...that makes perfect sense...i can now feel confident to file round my cuticles with out feathering.....xxxxx

Oooooh goodness me, I need help on everything!!!! I just need more practice.
xxx

I prefer sculpting to tipping and my chief guinea pig is my mother. How I curse some of her nails, especially her rather large thumb nail plates. I attach the middle bit of the form to the underside to reinforce it for strength once I've removed it, have to cut the form a little to accommodate her around the sides and really struggle to get them to fit. It's really hard to avoid seepage. :irked: I also think I'm not quite sure when to stop when filing before a rebalance.

Great thread! :)

i actually really struggle with fitting forms :o i mainly use gel, but i do struggle a tad with my gel sculpts....hehe

I prefer sculpting to tipping and my chief guinea pig is my mother. How I curse some of her nails, especially her rather large thumb nail plates. I attach the middle bit of the form to the underside to reinforce it for strength once I've removed it, have to cut the form a little to accommodate her around the sides and really struggle to get them to fit. It's really hard to avoid seepage. :irked: I also think I'm not quite sure when to stop when filing before a rebalance.

Great thread! :)

http://www.salongeek.com/misc-tutorials/60253-form-placement-guide.html

Hi and thanks. I have to admit that I've read the form placement tutorial several times in recent months, but I can't quite get to grips with some of the terminology or the diagrams. :o

My main area is perfecting my smile lines, especially the corners. I just can't get them looking anything like I would want them to look. Not nice and crisp and clean.

I've read Sams tutorial on million dollar smiles many times but my brain, hand and brush just aren't linked together properly.:D

My main area is perfecting my smile lines, especially the corners. I just can't get them looking anything like I would want them to look. Not nice and crisp and clean.

I've read Sams tutorial on million dollar smiles many times but my brain, hand and brush just aren't linked together properly.:D

practise , practise and some more practise hun.....alot of people do the reverse application aswell cos they say there smiles are better and crisper and easier...i will find it for you xx

Young Nails templates/video
hope this helps xx

Last edited:
ok so i'm reading form placement and i have read it tqwice and i'm confused can some one explain the channel groove i never learned that I'm not sure what the picture is pointing to it look like the i don't know how to explain it

Latest posts

Back