What percentage is fair for renting a room?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kellie Aindow

Reaction score
Hi,
I am going to be renting a room within a shop doing holistic therapies and they are wanting 25% of my takings. Is this reasonable?
Thanks

Yes, that’s sounds very reasonable. I assume you’re not paying any other bills such as electricity/water charges on top of that?

Standard hairdressing split is usually 60/40 with the 60 going to whoever provides the products.

25% for renting a room is mental!
What if your takings are low.....
The salon owner- imo- should set a daily room rent....
If you decide not to work - they get nothing!

I suppose it depends on the salon you are based in if it’s in a very desirable location the overheads may be high, but I think 20% is more reasonable
With days rates you are tied in with paying them even if you don’t earn, where as with percentage if you go through a quiet period your not loosing so much.

I suppose it depends on the salon you are based in if it’s in a very desirable location the overheads may be high, but I think 20% is more reasonable
With days rates you are tied in with paying them even if you don’t earn, where as with percentage if you go through a quiet period your not loosing so much.

When @RED STAR used the unfortunate term ‘mental’, she was suggesting it was extremely cheap, not expensive. ;)

Latest posts

Back