What perks do you give your staff?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'm fair by the sounds of it,

I may take off the one tassimo drink per day rule as that feels tight! but we use the top brands in products and I don't have the time to start faffing around with one spray tan a week, tan if they provide it, nails if there's space etc but not every week. Would give me a giant headache. How would you monitor the stick control and product costs? the girls all know where they stand with me.

Plus I give free treatments on birthdays and take them on great outings and more importantly invest my time in them .

Business is business, you don't get free food in sainsburys or free rings at tiffanys.( I'd definitely work there if you did!)

Thanks for all your opinions I think ill ease up on a few things xx

I think the poster sounds pretty fair and reasonable.

High end products are so expensive. You need to charge something to cover your costs surely.

I think employees then know where they stand and there is a level of respect there that ensures nobody takes the mick.

Where I last worked the hairdressers used to swan in and out using the products all the time and we'd go to use something and it wouldn't be there.

Where I work now we are so busy we don't have time to be sitting around doing each others nails and tans, we are working on clients. If we want stuff done we are happy to book in on our days off with a nice discount. My boss is lovely...I don't resent her for her rules.

Very generous bosses! Do think the "walking advert" is the key though.

Very generous bosses! Do think the "walking advert" is the key though.

You wish your staff to be presentable at all times. I'm sure for most owners and most employees this goes without saying.....however....would a stranger notice an employee with an ordinary spray tan? a hair cut? a face full of make up? a colour polish on nails? ....in some extreme cases ...possibly, they may ask where you had it done. Would it draw more clients into the salon?....probably not....You'd possibly have more chance of exposure if you dressed as Marylin Monroe and handed out leaflets in a shopping centre, or host an open evening....or have an advert on the side of a bus or taxi, or have an agreement with your local takeaway so every time someone orders a meal one of your leaflets gets dropped of with it.....there are so many ways to market a business...

You wish your staff to be presentable at all times. I'm sure for most owners and most employees this goes without saying.....however....would a stranger notice an employee with an ordinary spray tan? a hair cut? a face full of make up? a colour polish on nails? ....in some extreme cases ...possibly, they may ask where you had it done. Would it draw more clients into the salon?....probably not....You'd possibly have more chance of exposure if you dressed as Marylin Monroe and handed out leaflets in a shopping centre, or host an open evening....or have an advert on the side of a bus or taxi, or have an agreement with your local takeaway so every time someone orders a meal one of your leaflets gets dropped of with it.....there are so many ways to market a business...

True, but I do not give treatments for free for this reason it's just an added bonus to staff appreciation. I don't think anyone would give free treatments to their staff for this reason only as it is ridiculous. Lol x

True, but I do not give treatments for free for this reason it's just an added bonus to staff appreciation. I don't think anyone would give free treatments to their staff for this reason only as it is ridiculous. Lol x

Absolutely, I agree with you.... where is the owner appreciation from the staff???? ha ha ...turning up for work I suppose! lol.

Gosh would love to work for any of u lol I get piss all at work I order and pay for my own tube if colour if I want it I work in a small salon so its just me and her I get my friend to my hair because my boss is so bad and tight when it comes to stock for colours she only has the bases and the odd colour thats actually got sone tone to it so for that reason im trying to do abit of mobile ... :/

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back