What prep do I need to do as a model for a male to female gel sculpt project?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail model 1

Nail Model not nail tech
Reaction score
I am working with a nail technician next week for pictures for her portfolio. She has requested to do a male to female nail makeover by doing a full set of sculptured nails. Is there any type of prep I should follow as far as nail shape and length that will make it easier for her to do the nails. Here is a picture of my nails and yes Attitude Trinity and the rest of my friends I am using solar daily. On my male to female shoots we have always done tips with acrylic I was just wondering if my nails need to be a certain length to accommodate the this technique.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    786.2 KB · Views: 77
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    706.7 KB · Views: 52
This is probably something you should ask the nail tech you're modelling for....they may have a specific request which we wouldn't know about, even if not then it's still a question for them.

Yes I agree but she is away in the Dominican Republic u til Sunday what I really want to know is can I cut my nails short for basketball this weekend or do I Need a free edge for her to work with.
Thanks again

They are already extremely short. Do you bite them? They look uneven and bitten.
I'd grow them and file smooth. She can then decide what is best to do.

They are already extremely short. Do you bite them? They look uneven and bitten.
I don't but I just cut them yesterday and didn't do a great job I my nails grow real fast I usually cut them 2x a week it's just recently in the past month that this modeling thing has taken off so just have to change my grooming regiment I will take ur advice thank you

Your advice was correct spoke to her coworker who said to grow them out and file them smooth so I won't cut them until next week thanks again

Latest posts

Back