What purple is this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurenpritchard

Reaction score
I’m wondering what colour purple this is? My colour range I use is XP and they don’t have bright colours so I’m wondering what purple would be the best to achieve this? I know my clients hair would need bleaching before hand as it’s washed out purple at the moment quite dark though x

Attachments

• 5CE73D67-78ED-4846-B00E-2F119C9C1557.jpeg
    5CE73D67-78ED-4846-B00E-2F119C9C1557.jpeg
    356.5 KB · Views: 34
I think that’s probably photoshopped. For a bright vivid purple, you’ll need to lift to a 9/10, tone out the yellow then apply a purple direct dye. Goldwell’s Elumen is pretty bright for a permanent colour but it needs its own remover to remove it. I’m not familiar with other permanent colour ranges that offer vivid fashion colours. They’re usually direct dye semi’s.

If you use a bleach wash to lift out the deeper tone, you might get away with applying a strong purple direct dye such as manic panic or Splat straight on top, but do a strand test first to check.

You can try Schwarzkopf, it's pretty bright on bleached hair, and compared to manic panic it lasts longer

Majirel ,22. ..maybe

Latest posts

Back