What qualifications?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lesley123

Reaction score
Hi all, can anyone help, what formal qualifications do you need in order to train budding nail techs, Ive had alot of conflicting advice and am now totally confused. Any help at all would be very welocme. Thank-you. :)

It all depends on where you want to work,
if you want to work in college, they ask for NVQ3 in nail technology and a teaching qualification
if you want to work for a product based company then you need to ask them what there requirements are, as they tend to vary,
as from September of this year the government has decided if you want to teach any thing to adults you need to start with your 7303 preparing to teach in the lifelong learning sector, then the next one is 7304,
i know what you mean about it all been confusing and not getting a straight answer,
i was told i had to get my 7303 then 7304,
then i was told by a college tutor that i didn't need anything other than to be qualified in what i want to teach
then i have been told by a product company that i need to do all there courses and that is it,
so i am still a bit confused myself, but doing my 7303 at the moment so its a start in the right direction (i hope lol) hth

many thanks you've been very helpfull x

Latest posts

Back