What really annoys you when you visit a salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Angel

Premium Geek
Reaction score
Hi

This thread kind of runs on from another one but i felt it deserved its own.

So the question is What really annoys you when you visit a salon?

One of the comments made on the other thread was being called someones '3 o'clock'..............

What's yours?

One thing i totally hate is when the therapist doent make any attempt to speak to you, make eye contact nothing, no questions asked.....zip........nada!!

I went to have a massage once, and the therapist massaging me, said nothing, it was crazy, even when she had finished, no 'how was that?' nothing not a word uttered, I said thankyou very much that was lovely, cos it was, and she didnt even respond.

On the way out I asked the manageress if the therapist was ok, and she replied 'yes, shes just having one of those days'. Needless to say I havent been back!

Another tiny gripe is when I go to have my hair done and the hairdresser calls me 'my lady' god it winds me up, makes me chuckle!!

Another tiny gripe is when I go to have my hair done and the hairdresser calls me 'my lady' god it winds me up, makes me chuckle!!

:o oops guilty! although i do say my client quite a bit too:o

what really annoys me is whenthe hairdressers \therapists totally ignore you as said above, but also when they talk about a client that has just left, if they are talking about them then they will be talking about you once you have gone:irked:

Friendliness of staff. Before I became a nail tech myself, I changed my technician twice because each one was not friendly. To sit through an appointment that can be up to 2 hours long in silence is really uncomfortable, and I used to not look forward to my rebalance appointments which is why I changed techs. Now I'm a tech I make a point of being chatty and friendly with my clients.

Oh, and this isnt necessarily a salon based thing but its annoying none the less: over familiarity. That might sound a bit hypocritical given my earlier comment, but you can be friendly and chatty without over stepping the mark. The reason I say this is because I rang to make an opticians appointment today and the lady on the phone kept calling me love - "whats your name love, is 3pm ok love". So, I told her to stop calling me love and she became really abrupt as though I was the one being unreasonable!!!

Those are my top pet hats.

What really, really, REALLY :mad: annoys me is that because the client before me was late for her appointment means that my appointment is now late running late even though I WAS ON TIME!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR:mad:

I have always told clients if they run late they either re-book or have a shorter treatment as I have other clients booked in after them. I know its hard but that's just the way I am, they either take it or leave it, its up to them. :rolleyes:

Once I went for a massage and was told first to sit on a chair and in my mind make a fire and to put all my problems as wood on it and burn them!
All I wanted was a massage! Don´t like abrakadabra!

I couldn't imagine having an entire appointment(for anything) and the therapist/stylist/tech not saying anything! I go in to have my eyebrows done, am there for 10 minutes at most and feel like the therapist is my new best friend :D Not really, but you know what I mean.

Anyway-the thing that bothers me the MOST is sanitation. I did most of my training(2 years full time) in america and after which you take your state board exams. They are VERY strict on sanitation. I'm talking-if you drop a comb on the floor you get a NEW fresh comb, the one on the floor goes into the barbacide. Maybe that's a bit extreme but better safe than sorry.

Here not only does my hairdresser drop her comb EVERY time, she obviously doesn't wash it very often and doesn't get a new comb for every client. I'm starting to think it's the norm here because that's what they did at the hairdressers I worked at when I moved here(Regis) and now when I go anywhere to get my hair done they all do the same thing. I'm on my 5th hairdresser and they all seem to have 1 comb they use all day and it just grosses me right out! Yuk. I tell you, if I could cut and highlight my hair myself I WOULD!

What i used to hate...

You have been rushing round all day, you don't look your best, you just walk past a salon and think.."ohh looks nice i might pop in and make an appointment"...you walk in and right away you feel like you wished you had gone home and tidied yourself up first. There is a perfect looking receptionist who gives you a look like you have come into the wrong place...and its almost like the whole salon stopped the moment you walked in.

I think regardless of how someone looks or what they are wearing, they should all be treated like the best customer in the world.

I also hate being charged for a drink !!

What i used to hate...

You have been rushing round all day, you don't look your best, you just walk past a salon and think.."ohh looks nice i might pop in and make an appointment"...you walk in and right away you feel like you wished you had gone home and tidied yourself up first. There is a perfect looking receptionist who gives you a look like you have come into the wrong place...and its almost like the whole salon stopped the moment you walked in.

I think regardless of how someone looks or what they are wearing, they should all be treated like the best customer in the world.

I also hate being charged for a drink !!

Completely agree, surely the whole point in visiting a salon is to get yourself spruced up! and being charged for a drink?? Wow, I've never experienced that but it would make me not go back to any salon that did.

I have been to one nail salon that I will not name, had my nails done while the nail tec chats to the other nail tec about what she got up to with her husband. Me and the other client were left only to listen, every time my hands sank she would pull them and then give me the evil eye and tut.

This was aimed at being a high class nail bar too.

I hate being ignored when I get to the reception desk! You know the kind of thing - the receptionist is chatting to a therapist and neither of them even acknowledge your presence let alone welcome you.

I hate walking into any salon, nail or hair, and standing waiting at an empty reception desk like a pudding, especially if its in full view of the salon and it takes a few minutes because there isn't really a receptionist, its one of the salon staff and she is busy. I wouldn't mind so much if they said hello and have a seat, they will be there asap. I had an appointment was with a girl that sat very bent over what she was doing so that all I could see was the top of her head and she barely said two words to me. Then there was a visit to a salon I used to go to regularly before I moved to Norway, I tried them again but it had changed completely and the three techs sat discussing the Iraq war and how disgusting it was we were involved. I didn't want to get involved but it became clear all three of us clients were feeling very awkward and not all of us were of the same opinion. That was an appointment from hell and I never went back. Oh and the hair appointment where my hair lady that day and another started discussing about one of them realising a previous client that day had nits and how gross it was with much hillarity. We'd just cleared a problem with that in our house so I sat paranoid listening to it! I rarely go to get my hair cut now and its purely paranoia incase they find something in my hair!

I think you know when yoU in a salon if its nice or not....first thing ...are they friendly....if not best to just walk out again.....I HATE RUDE, UNFRIENDLY PEOPLE ....no need for it....i always have a smile on my face....why cant they when they want my money xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

what really annoys me is whenthe hairdressers therapists totally ignore you as said above, but also when they talk about a client that has just left, if they are talking about them then they will be talking about you once you have gone:irked:

I agree!

I hate the gossip-y crap that can go on in some salons.

I hate DIRT!!!

I went for my hair doing at salon at 9am on a Saturday morning. I was the first client in that day, yet there was hair all over the chair and the floor. THEN, I turned to the left and in the office I saw a half empty beer bottle! Grrrr :mad::mad::mad:

I dont really go into the hairdressers to have my hair done but when i was going round to all my local shops and hairdressers with my flyers asking if they could leave one on the side of put it up in their window i went in one and there was 3 girls sitting there, two looked at me and carried on chatting so i was standing there she then finally decided to say hello so i said hi can you put one of my flyers on the counter for clients to see and all she said was no and thats it no goodbye no nothing.:irked::mad: winds me up

My pet hate is if I go for a treatment and am taken in late (say 10 mins) and the treatment is cut down by 10 mins so that the therapist can catch up. Its not the therapists I blame for this as usually they are booked back to back with 30mins for lunch and no help from receptionist or a salon assistant, its the salon owners fault for ramming the clients in.

I have my hair done at work now so never have any problems but when I used to go to another salon the guy that cut my hair never seemed to speak and never offered magazines until the blow dry, I always used to feel really awkward and just stare into space after the conversation had been exhausted, after a few trips I wised up and used to ask for magazines straight away !

Also I hate moody receptionists !!!

Its nice to be greeted with lovely smile and spoken to nicely. If I'm kept waiting, just say to me that you wont be long or something - not have me waiting and twiddling my fingers! Not alot to ask really.

I also like if I ask any questions that the therapist/hairdresser can answer them confidently, not fumble around for answers!

like a lot of ppl i hate being ignored when entering or being looked up and down, by the staff,
in our salon if the receptionist is off her desk, one of us will shout HIYA!!!!!!!! in a really friendly voice lol
we then say how are you? do you have an appt or how can we help you etc etc take a seat, then someone will attend to her,
ppl laugh at how we sound but i wont have it any other way,

we do not do intimidation in my salon end of!!

Latest posts

Back