What shall i call myself?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JMo

Reaction score
I'm trying to come up with a trading name but am soooo fussy, I do make-up and other beauty treatments along with nails, so decided at a Wedding Fayre that Beautiful Nails by Julie wouldn't work as i kept hearing people walk past saying 'oh i don't need nails doing' then my husband came up with Seraphic Beauty, but got fed up with people asking me what Seraphic meant (it means angel like qualities in Latin or something) so now am struggling want something modern and straight to the point. Any ideas?!?!

JMo.x

Yeh this is a difficult one. I originally had Nails&Beauty4U but ended up going off that.

In the end, as you can see my business is called The Little Beauty Room, this covers most treatments I do and also, because the room is small it's quite fitting.

My husband originally came up with this, he always has silly names for things and people and we have quite a laugh.

Make a list and see what you come up with.

Why not try something like the street name and your name all mixed up a bit?

How about "Totally Polished"
Sounds classy
Says it all and even has a reference to nails. I love this name.

That's a really good one!

How about something like Julie's Beauty Room, Julie's Beauty Spot or the Pamper Parlour.

How about "The best of beauty "?

Hi again

Really like the idea of Totally Polished, but i think this might have the same effect as Nails by Julie, people will think i only do nails. The other thing i meant to add was i'm mobile so don't have a salon and don't fancy one, I am thinking of buying a big house and making one of the rooms into a treatment room.

I'm soooo fussy i know!!
JMo.x

JMo said:
Hi again

Really like the idea of Totally Polished, but i think this might have the same effect as Nails by Julie, people will think i only do nails. The other thing i meant to add was i'm mobile so don't have a salon and don't fancy one, I am thinking of buying a big house and making one of the rooms into a treatment room.

I'm soooo fussy i know!!
JMo.x

Totally Polished does not say that to me at all ... that is why I think it is such a clever name. A polished look is a well groomed look (nice pun on the nail polish) and totally ... well from head to toe. Says it all.

There is a Totally Polished in Driglington, near me. She does everything, and I think it is a fantastic name.

When I was thinking of names one of my Customers suggested "Polished Off". I thought this was an excellent name, until one of my Male friends pointed out that as I also do Massage this name could be taken out of context!! ;)

So I didn't bother! Trust a man to think of that! :rolleyes:

beautifulnails03 said:
"Polished Off". I thought this was an excellent name, until one of my Male friends pointed out that as I also do Massage this name could be taken out of context!! ;) :rolleyes:
I had to giggle at this... still a good name though!

Mrs Geek said:
I had to giggle at this... still a good name though!

That reminded me of when I thinking about my business name. My brother suggested "Hand Jobs by Glynis"!!!! Decided not to go for that one :biggrin:

Its funny when you are thinking off a name that sometimes an innocent name can turn out to sound quite............naughty.

I had though of Tailored Talons but then you are offering more than nails so perhaps not.

glynis said:
That reminded me of when I thinking about my business name. My brother suggested "Hand Jobs by Glynis"!!!! Decided not to go for that one :biggrin:

Hhmmm, speaking of which. One of those Hand Car wash Centres has opened near me called "MR HAND JOB!" :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back