Quantcast

What Shellac base colour do you use for French?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Treacle44

Reaction score
I usually use Negligee but I'm putting in an order soon and want to order a different one to try.

Beau or romantique? What are these like compared to negligee?

Could you use Moonlight & roses or is that just for layering? X

deanosnana

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Hi, you could use Beau (similar to Negligee but different) or Romantique, which is a milky pink. I also like using Strawberry Smoothie, if you need to mask the natural free edge.

You could also use Moonlight/Roses for a french. I'm doing my DIL's with M&R and Snowcap glitter on the free edge for her wedding. HTH! :)

LyndaM

Reaction score
I use Beau and negligee,, both lovely natural pinks, Romantique is really popular with my ladies, although I personally do not like it as I think it looks more like a false pink... if that makes sense.
I use moonlight and roses a lot too, that gives a lovely shimmer. Also recently started to use the VIP Gold and silver status, this gives lovely result too :lol:

Have added 4 pics so u can see the colours,
negligee & cream puff french
Silver status french and cream puff
romantic & cream puff
beau (1 coat), cream puff french the 2nd Shellac coat in MOP

hth Lynda

Attachments

Emily Case

Reaction score
I use Negligee, Moonlight & Roses and Strawberry Smoothie for my French.

Strawberry Smoothie to mask the natural smile line.
Moonlight & Roses for a beautiful pinky shimmer.

Negligee for the more natural look with a slighty blue-ish shimmer.

I think Moonlight & Roses is my favourite! Looks lovely over Strawberry Smoothie if the client wants an opaque shimmer.

Xx

blossom

Reaction score
I've only got Beau but so far everyone has loved it. I did some research on here before I selected it as a base for French.
Its a very natural barely there colour, no shimmer, no pearl, no holographic colours shot through it.
I used Romantique on my training day and wouldn't go a bundle on it for a french, doesn't look completely natural . . . but depends what look you're after.
Hope this helps a bit

twid

Reaction score
Never under estimate clearly pink, its the one Im asked for constantly under either studio white or cream puff. I love the healthy pink glow it gives to nails, really natural and very popular.

Karaxxx

Treacle44

Reaction score
Thank you all and espeically for the lovely pics. I do love negligee but want an alternative or so as well. Thanks x

Latest posts