What Shellac base colour do you use for French?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Treacle44

Reaction score
I usually use Negligee but I'm putting in an order soon and want to order a different one to try.

Beau or romantique? What are these like compared to negligee?

Could you use Moonlight & roses or is that just for layering? X

Hi, you could use Beau (similar to Negligee but different) or Romantique, which is a milky pink. I also like using Strawberry Smoothie, if you need to mask the natural free edge.

You could also use Moonlight/Roses for a french. I'm doing my DIL's with M&R and Snowcap glitter on the free edge for her wedding. HTH! :)

I use Beau and negligee,, both lovely natural pinks, Romantique is really popular with my ladies, although I personally do not like it as I think it looks more like a false pink... if that makes sense.
I use moonlight and roses a lot too, that gives a lovely shimmer. Also recently started to use the VIP Gold and silver status, this gives lovely result too :lol:

Have added 4 pics so u can see the colours,
negligee & cream puff french
Silver status french and cream puff
romantic & cream puff
beau (1 coat), cream puff french the 2nd Shellac coat in MOP

hth Lynda

Attachments

• Shellac french Negligee with nail art april12.jpg
    Shellac french Negligee with nail art april12.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 4,904
  • shellac french - silver status,cream puff,n art.jpg
    shellac french - silver status,cream puff,n art.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 1,737
  • shellac french romantique with hp n a.jpg
    shellac french romantique with hp n a.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 582
  • shellac french beau mop.jpg
    shellac french beau mop.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 1,530
I use Negligee, Moonlight & Roses and Strawberry Smoothie for my French.

Strawberry Smoothie to mask the natural smile line.
Moonlight & Roses for a beautiful pinky shimmer.

Negligee for the more natural look with a slighty blue-ish shimmer.

I think Moonlight & Roses is my favourite! Looks lovely over Strawberry Smoothie if the client wants an opaque shimmer.

Xx

I've only got Beau but so far everyone has loved it. I did some research on here before I selected it as a base for French.
Its a very natural barely there colour, no shimmer, no pearl, no holographic colours shot through it.
I used Romantique on my training day and wouldn't go a bundle on it for a french, doesn't look completely natural . . . but depends what look you're after.
Hope this helps a bit

Never under estimate clearly pink, its the one Im asked for constantly under either studio white or cream puff. I love the healthy pink glow it gives to nails, really natural and very popular.

Karaxxx

Thank you all and espeically for the lovely pics. I do love negligee but want an alternative or so as well. Thanks x

Latest posts

Back