What should I do? Worried with L&P lifting issues!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emily S

Cheap ain't nice and nice ain't cheap <3
Reaction score
I was NSi trained 3 years ago but after a year of improving and still finding issues with lifting and breakages I started using CND.

Instantly I noticed a difference but still found that my Sister (who had been fine with other techs) was having the odd bit of lifting. I realised I wasn't removing the cuticle thoroughly and finally, I was producing some long lasting sets of nails - I have since carried on using the CND.

A couple of weeks ago, I decided to give NSi a try again, I was running low on CND, both liquid & powder were ending together & I can buy NSi within 3-4 minute driving distance so thought it was worth a try.

2 weeks later, I've had 3 regulars (only 1 knew I had changed) all complain of lifting and nails just 'popping' off. As soon as I got the 3rd complaint I had 2 hours spare and drove to Leeds to get more CND - it isn't worth any more complaints :(

So, after having 2.5 years of pretty much stress free working and not worrying when people have left I'm now a tad worried about the other 20+ sets I've done and hoping that they actually let me know rather than just going elsewhere so I can rectify!

One of the girls who's let me know has booked in today for a new set/infill, I'm not too sure whether she's taken off or not? They would've been on 2 weeks today and she normally has a 3-4 week infill, if she's taken them all off, what should I charge?

Any help appreciated please :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Client has been and gone now - if any others have issues do I accept responsibility even though nsi is a reputable brand and I've had no other issues for a couple of years?

Does anyone think nsi will be interested in me contacting them or is this' normal' for those people who have trialled both brands? :)

I use nsi with no problems, did you use their whole system?

I use NSI too and love it !!! I always spend at least 30 mins on prep too and make sure all traces of cuticle has gone and nail plate is de hydrated etc.

Could it be that your mix ratio was off using a different product after so long using CND?

Could it be that your mix ratio was off using a different product after so long using CND?

I was thinking exactly the same thing. Both are reputable products, however work differently there is an old saying dont try to fix what is not broken. Best stick to one product especially if it works for you.

Deal with the clients as and when they come back for infills. Hopefully they will stay loyal and you can carry on as before xxxx

I've never ever had any problems with NSI not even whilst training, maybe it is just the fact that your used to another product with a different mix ratio x

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

CND products will work differently to NSI products, You are probably using techniques that suit CND products but these will not nessecarly work for all systems.

NSI is a very reputable brand and I used it for many years with no problems, however I think you may be just better suited to the CND products so maybe it's best to stick to what your used to ? :D

Thanks everyone - I used the whole system apart from using scrub fresh rather than Pure but really can't see that being an issue as they're similar apart from Scrub Fresh doing an extra step :/

Guess it's just that I've got used to CND - my mix did seem fine tho, perhaps not! Thanks everyone :)

Latest posts

Back