What should i do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisa'sLuxuries

Reaction score
ive been renting a beauty room in a sunbed shop for nearly a year now but ive recently been told from the owner that she is closing the sunbeds n wants to make it into a shop selling other things im still in shock about everything at the moment. she wants to revamp the shop in january for 2 weeks and she has told me that i dont have to pay her rent (oviously) but on the other hand shouldnt she be compensating me for the loss of earning while the salon is closed dont want to speak to her as i not sure where i stand. can anyone give me sum advise on wot to do. do you think i shud leave for good? because this is going to bee bad for buisness as it upstairs x:cry:

well if you have enough clients to continue, don't worry.
I would schedule all of your clients so that they see you either before or after the 2 week closure.

offer to do a few home visits.

go on holiday.

First thing to ask is - do you have a contract??? If you have nothing written then there is nothing you can do about this I am afraid!

Have you been keeping consultation forms??? (with contact details?)

Jo x

What other things is she planning to sell? It may actually turn out that more people are coming into the shop which means you get access to more new potential clients? Try not to worry, it could turn out to be a positive thing in the long run.

thanks for the advice everyone the owner is going to make it to a party shop selling fancy dress n novelty stuff etc it will be the only one in the area. another thing i worried about is clients have been coming thinking im closing down to so im losing buisness that way. i do have a contract if i can call it one because it dosent say much. i just feel like giving it all up and lokking for a job its so hard with the credit crunch too:cry:

thanks for the advice everyone the owner is going to make it to a party shop selling fancy dress n novelty stuff etc it will be the only one in the area. another thing i worried about is clients have been coming thinking im closing down to so im losing buisness that way. i do have a contract if i can call it one because it dosent say much. i just feel like giving it all up and lokking for a job its so hard with the credit crunch too:cry:

If I were you I would do a mail merge informing your clients of the upcoming refurbishment and informing them that you will not be closing down. You could either look for another room to rent or wait it out and see if it brings you new clients, you never know with it being a fancy dress shop you may get a few bookings for fancy nails to go with their costumes. Good luck x

Latest posts

Back