What should I put?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

princessmowgli

Reaction score
I'm ordering some business cards but I'm not sure what to put on them.
I do full sets, mani's & nail art. Also plan to do kiddies nail parties (eventually) so where do I start. Do I put it all on or just my name & contact No.

Bring on the ideas!!!!!!!!

I'll send you an email with my business card on so you can have a look coz i do parties as well.

Hi there,

I am also in the process of designing my business cards and am struggling with what to put on it. Could I be cheeky and ask you to send one to me too?

Thanks so much xxx

Thanks for that Carole.

I think I've sussed what to put on & leave off. Much appreciated you are always so helpful.

Sonia

princessmowgli said:
I'm ordering some business cards but I'm not sure what to put on them.
I do full sets, mani's & nail art. Also plan to do kiddies nail parties (eventually) so where do I start. Do I put it all on or just my name & contact No.

Bring on the ideas!!!!!!!!

Hello!

July Nailpro Magazine has an article on business cards.. thought I would share some of the info from the magazine with you :green:

1- Shape and Size... great to fit in a Rolodex, resist the temptation to create cards that open up or oddly shaped.

2- Contact information... Most cards feature the business' name, address, phone number and fax number...don't forget your website address or email address... also a big hit is to list your hours of operation.....

3- Services offered... To avoid confusion as to what you offer... include a listing of your services on your card (even the back).

4- Value Proposition... "Salon owners need to determine how they're positioned within the specific market. Is this a no-frills nail salon that targets people who don't want to spend a lot of money--and provides high-quality services at a low price? Or is your salon high-end, with prices that reflect the valuable products and services--coupled with the heightened expertise--that you offer? Consider adding a value proposition or a tag line to your business card.

5- Paper Stock... Try a glossy or heavy paper stock.

6- Text font and size... Palatino font is suggested for salons because it conveys an elegant and professional, yet simple and clean, impression... If your clientele is young and hip, Farber suggests the Gil Sans font for its funkier esthetic. If you need to choose a smaller type (for your address and phone and fax numbers), Farber says Frupiger is simple, modern and readable at virtually any size. Warning -against using more than two different fonts.. three fonts can be confusing and make your business card look cluttered and unprofessional... Select a font that's large enough to read; don't make readers squint... Anything less than 8-point shouldn't be used... Consider using a 9-point font for information such as the address, phone and fax numbers. Your business' name should be 12 to 18 points, depending on the font selected and the impact you want to achieve. Make your name's font a few points less than your business' name.

7- Colors... Color catches the reader's eye and sets that business apart from it's competitors... For older, more sophisticated clientele- utilize a subtle color, such as earthy pink or light taupe. Salons that cater to a hip crowd can employ flashy colors. Bright reds attract the eye and denote excitement, while softer reds elicit feelings of warmth and coziness... Purple, a color often associated with royalty, can be used to promote luxurious, upscale products or services. Yellow indicates sunshine, warmth and friendliness, and works well as an accent color. Black signifies professionalism, importance and authority; many doctors and lawyers use black text on a white background to demonstrate stability. Remember to keep in mind the type of clients you want to attract, but don't stray too far from your salon's esthetic (and your own personality).

8- Appointment Cards... create separate appointment cards (and this tip is from ME---- put a few lines on the back of the card to be filled in on the spot with date & time of next appointment).

9- Images or Logos... The image's size can vary, depending on what other info you choose to print on the front of the card.

10- Making the most of your business card... Incorporate your design into all of your business materials, including signage, invoices and stationery.

Most importantly, pass those business cards around.... keep them at your station, the front desk... and always carry them around with you, and leave them wherever you're allowed....

You want your card to be the one that someone finds in her wallet, years later, that she kept simply because it struck her.

Who knows? She might be your next client.

All this info came from an article in July Nailpro Magazine titled "The Business of Business Cards"

Just had to share.......... hope it helps!!

miss nailpro thank you for sharing i like nail pro magazine it has many good idea .

Two more things we have because my salon is in a soi and some people can not find my salon we have on the back a map show where my salon is and for anybody have a salon is hard to find is a good idea .

And we make our cards not from paper if they get wet from water or rain they are still good .

Mui

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back