What size babygrows to buy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sallysally

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I know this is not related to beauty but am starting to think about buying for my baby which is due in 4 months and am confused as to what size baby grows to buy....my options are newborn or 0-3 months? I am guessing newborn??? But what if they are big should I get 0-3 just to be on safe side?? I know I can buy more when they are born but I just want plenty in stock for when they first arrive!!!

Any advice from any moms out there?

If I were you I would buy a couple 0-3 months but then buy more of the next size up 3-6 months as family and friends tend to buy 0-3 months as presents when the baby is born. This is just from my experience :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks bro
If I were you I would buy a couple 0-3 months but then buy more of the next size up 3-6 months as family and friends tend to buy 0-3 months as presents when the baby is born. This is just from my experience :)

thanks Brooke,my mom mentioned that I will get a lot of 0-3 gifts! X

Definitely! as the outfits are so cute! do you know what your having? or are you not going to find out?

Definitely! as the outfits are so cute! do you know what your having? or are you not going to find out?

Not finding out will wait....
So that makes it even harder to buy!

oh how exciting! so envious! I wish you all the luck in the world :)

I would buy anything from newborn, 0-3 and 3-6. My daughter is expecting and due in October and I'm buying a mix of all sizes for her, they grow so fast!

They can grow out of the small sizes surprising quickly.
My little boy was 10lbs and long & skinny when he was born and rapidly outgrew the 0-3 months clothes so I ended up giving away a lot of unworn stuff to friends and charity shops.

I am due in a week and know from experience that the newborn size doesn't last for very long but if the baby is on the smaller side, they can sort of get lost in the bigger clothes. So I got some stuff in newborn size and some in 0-3. This way I'm not in a risk of having loads of unused clothes and it will last me for at least some days and I can get more during that time if necessary. They do grow with incredible speed so I'm not really stocking up a lot. All those adorable things I never got to use with my previous ones...

Most places these days if you leave the labels on you can exchange with receipt even after 30 days! How have they said your measuring? Have they estimated what size baby they think you will have?

My first baby was 7lb 11 ounces and wore newborn for the first 4 weeks and my second was 9lb 13 ounces and only wore newborn for a week! Luckily I kept all the newborn from my first so I didn't waste a load of brand new newborn clothes.

I've skipped babygrows this time. It's been too hot anyway and she's been naked loads. That way you can use 0-3 instead of newborn if you roll up the sleaves and legs. They grow so fast. My 8 week old is in 3-6 mths after fitting newborn gifts at birth.

Just realised in 4 months it will be colder but they'll be indoors mainly and if you take them out you put those all in one suits on then anyway. My girl prefers not to have her feet covered. :)

Latest posts

Back