What song makes you cry?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kissing You by Des'ree, chokes me everytime!x

Evanescence my immortal, was played at my cousins funeral always has me in tears!
Also not a song but music- James horn one last wish, I love his music always gives me goosebumps & bring a tear to my eye! Xxxxx

Because of you by Kim marsh...shouldn't think anyone knows it but it is a beautiful song about feelings for your children when they're born....my children know its mummy's special song for them.

" She's Leaving Home" by the Beatles always gets me, too. Showing my vintage here, but the lyrics are so poignant.

" She's Leaving Home" by the Beatles always gets me, too. Showing my vintage here, but the lyrics are so poignant.

I was going to put that as well, makes me sad for the future - hope my daughter doesn't ever feel like that. (currently age 10 and constantly feeling hard done by!)

mike and the mechanics - living years

Seriously need to stop reading thread too many sad songs. Gotta lump just reading them.

Also there are happy songs when played at sad times that really do me in. My uncles funeral the other week they played walk of life by dire straits at the end as we walked out- such a happy song normally but made me sob like a baby.

well i don't even know what andrea and sarah are singing about.(italian, i think) it's just a love song. but the power in their voices gets me

well i don't even know what andrea and sarah are singing about.(italian, i think) it's just a love song. but the power in their voices gets me

Yes; voices/key are so affecting. When coupled with touching lyrics, fetch the tissues!

I saw Brian Wilson, (from my all time favourites, the Beach Boys), perform "In My Room" a couple of years ago. I just thought about all the time he actually couldn't leave his room due to drugs/ mental health problems, and the effect it's had on this immensively talented man.
It's also a metaphor for anyone who's been "trapped" by a problem.

Cor, I'm getting a bit deep now! x

I may be the only male posting on this thread - not sure I should be admitting to crying over songs, but 'A Father And A Son' by Loudon Wainwright III (Rufus Wainwright's Dad) about the Father/Son relationship always gets to me

A Father And A Son by Loudon III Wainwright on Spotify

Last edited:
George Michael... Faith. Reminds me of my dad leaving and he took all his tapes except the one that was in the recorder which was this... And I used to play it over and over. :-(

But now 20 years later we both still love the song. But it still makes me cry

"you are not alone" by Michael Jackson. I was in hospital for over a month and the lyrics really took on meaning with my kids when we were missing each other so badly x

"you are not alone" by Michael Jackson. I was in hospital for over a month and the lyrics really took on meaning with my kids when we were missing each other so badly x

This was played at my nans funeral... Love this song so much xxx

Richard Marx - Right Here Waiting

I used to sing it to my son when I rocked him to sleep...

Wherever you go
Whatever you do
I will be right here waiting for you
Whatever it takes
Or how my heart breaks
I will be right here waiting for you

mike and the mechanics - living years

Same for me, my mum and her dad fell out years ago and haven't spoken since. My mum won't listen to this song.

This woman's work by Kate bush is a sad song too, I can think of loads lol

Mortal coil song to the siren is my ultimate sad song loved it even before the film lovely bones but it makes me sob!!! Everybody hurts bye REM. pink nobody knows. Manic street preachers everlasting! Just a few I can think of I like sad songs to let emotion out if you know what I mean x

Mama by Il Divo... The words are so lovely.

Latest posts

Back