What song makes you cry?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well i don't even know what andrea and sarah are singing about.(italian, i think) it's just a love song. but the power in their voices gets me

Well, it is sung in Italian ;)

Basically it is a song about being apart.

Using metaphors such as you're so far away, like ships on the sea etc

'In my Life' by The Beatles :')

Sent from my X10i using SalonGeek

Neil diamond hello again. It was my brothers fave song and played at his funeral 4 years ago, still not found the strength to listen to it since. And DJ sammy heaven candlelight mix i walked down the aisle to x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Imagine by John Lennon also makes me sad x

With or Without You by U2 is always a tear jerker for me, it's my Dad's favourite song. Coldplay - Fix You
David Gray - This Years Love
DHT - Listen To Your Heart
Fionn Regan - Dogwood Blossom
The Fray - How To Save A Life (the whole album, not just the song make me think of my boyfriend, we both used to listen to this album & think of eachother when I was away at college, we weren't together at the time but neither of us knew that we both used to listen to these songs & be thinking the same things, aww ha)

I've arrived at a conclusion that I am far too soppy

Abide with me - stops me in my tracks.

Me too hun x I'm a daddy's girl & this was his favourite hymn makes me think of him when I hear this & I smile through the tears 🌹

All time love by will young.

It was played at a friends funeral and it always brings a lump to my throat when I hear it.

Me too hun x I'm a daddy's girl & this was his favourite hymn makes me think of him when I hear this & I smile through the tears 🌹

i think this sums it all up,

that's just lovely. xx

The Broken Family Band were a band from Cambridge (not together anymore) and they have some lovely songs .. this one is a good break up song

The Broken Family Band It's all Over - YouTube

I was at their last ever gig in 2009. They never became very well known but their music is great - well worth investigating.

Wishing on a star by Rose Royce, Yesterday once more - Carpenters, most songs by Roy Orbison are just a few.

Wishing on a star by Rose Royce, Yesterday once more - Carpenters, most songs by Roy Orbison are just a few.

Ah, Roy Orbison - 'The Big O' - what a voice!

Remember the coke advert I think it was called For the first time? I cried every time it came on xh

Westlife flying without wings makes me cry but I love westlife and will sit and listen to it anyway.also fields of gold is a tearjerker too.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

For me it has to be Bob Carlisle - Butterfly kisses. Mine and my dad's song!

Ed Sheeran-Small bump. And a lot of his songs xx

Aww this thread is making me cry!!

Dear God by Avenged Sevenfold and Long Gone Days by Lee Rogers.

Lee is a singer/ songwriter from N.Ireland and also a friend of my family, when my cousin died he played an acoustic version of long gone days at her funeral service and it was so beautiful and poignant.
The words of Dear God where included in part of the reverends speech. Avenged Sevenfold were her favourite band :)

Hurt by Christina Aguilera and Because of you by Kelly Clarkson used to make me cry after my dad left.. Music is a great companion for the unhappy :) x

Music is a great companion for the unhappy x

and isn't that how Adele got over her heartache and found herself a huge success.

i think music is very therapeutic

Music is a great companion for the unhappy x

and isn't that how Adele got over her heartache and found herself a huge success.

i think music is very therapeutic

Extremely therapeutic, I've always looked for songs with lyrics to match how I've been feeling at the time and belted them out, a lot of teenage angst was expressed through listening to Alanis Morrisette and Greenday on repeat- I even used to wear my headphones to bed lol! x

Latest posts

Back