what sort of client are /were you ??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok well in that case I am a lie down and let everyone do what they want kind of client:lol:
When I go to the hairdressers I have an idea what I want but as soon as I sit in the chair I turn in to a gibbering wreck and just end up getting what they think.:lol:

I didn't realise it was any service type of question but for hair I'm just like you. I have only ever actually got what I wanted twice, last time I went I was gutted. In fact I was so gutted I never went back for a haircut anywhere since. Did I complain before I left? No!!

Any local hair geeks who try and do what you like? I'd love top meet you and get a decent haircut.

can be any kind of client...not just nails...hair client...??

I'm a very good hair client.

Never miss an appointment (too much grey to cover !), have only ever been late twice by 5 min.

Give my hairdresser as much stick as she gives me and always have a laugh when I'm there :lol:

Marlise

im a good hair client , i know exaclty what i want, but i will listen to advice too, i am always worried that they will take to much off (which has happened in the past) but luckily my hairdresser of past yr is brill, and great at getting colours which really suit me, i cant always afford to get colour re-done but i have cut every 6-8 weeks and colour as often as i can, and i do buy the stuff she advises me too, and take good care of it, i try and only use my straightners 2 or 3 times a week sometimes i manage once if i wash it more after being the gym and i dont chop at it myself, i think we have a really good relationship

now as for nails well..... since i started training ive not had my nails done, not unless you count the one gorgeous nail that Ant did for me at PB, and the reason i got into this business was because of how awful my nails looked after having them done, i tried 7 or 8 diff salons and techs , the most i ever went back was 3 times to the same salon, once after 2 days cos 3 were lifting that much they were hanging on, and once after 2 weeks for infills, but they were awful so went back and manager agreed to have her take them off for no charge, and after that i decided to train myself, as i had seen ther people with nice nails, so i knew it must be that my nails were awkward and needed someone to pay good attention to what they were doing,

i never ever got asked to buy retail stuff, i did not know to use cuticle oil, infact i was told (by a creative salon i may add, although i didnt know what creative was at the time so was none the wiser) when i asked what did i need to do to take care of them, she told me "to avoid getting make up or oil or handcream on them as it would make them lift and use gloves if washing up, but if i didnt like wearing gloves to just dry them well afterwards!!!" they never retailed me solar oil or anything

i have never bitten my nails ever and i told the techs this, (and yet if i show a pic of my nails on here, everyone automatically assumes i bite them because of how short they are, until i explain about the probs iva had, and the fact that they wont grow and they have all fallen off etc,) and yet back then, no one even asked me did i bite them, did i have probs etc, i have never ever filled in a client consulatation card, and never been asked about allergies etc, even when chatting and ive mentioned my horrendous list of food allergies,

id day if id of been given a chance , i would of been a good client, but i never had a tech do work on me that was worth me going back for, so i dont know, i am hoping to get one of my geeky friends to satrt doing my nails, now that they are lookign a bit better, so maybe in 3/4 months time you can ask them lol

great thread Angie xxx

Iver never been a client cos most people in my family are technicians etc...but i know i couldnt resist a cigarette if i had my nails done :(

I was a greeat client aswell, my only downfall was of course picking, I just couldnt help myself! :green:

im a good client! i'm so laid back by nature that nothing ever bothers me anyway, however the only time i have complained is when i was having a french mani and she tried to use some kind of barely there clear shimmer for the white! you couldnt even see it, can't remember what i chose in the end, but thinking about it now i hope it wasnt a clear or i will be kicking myself for wasting money!

nowadays i get my bf to do stuff for me, but i still like having my eyebrows waxed by a pro, but i dont make an appt. for it, i just breeze in and expect her to squeeze me in there & then! so perhaps not that good after all.....i cannot wax my own eyebrows for toffee lol

How bad is this I have never been a Client!
Before I started learning I had never even heard of Nail Enhancements:eek:
Where I live there were no places or women who wore them, the only time anyone got their nails done was when they were on holiday.

I have now changed all that:lol:
i was the same...never heard of nail enhancments....but i am always on time...no matter where i am going...i have NEVER been late for nothing....does that make me a good girl!!! xx

I was a nightmare client. You would hate to have me on your books!!!!
I am a biter and a picker. Solar oil was applied for the first couple of days, then the novelty wore off, shortly followed by the enhancements being bitten off (strangely I still find this therapeutic whilst watching the telly!!)

I did turn up for appointments, but usually 5 or 10 minutes late.

I have become a model client now for beautician, hairdresser etc following my own experiences with bad clients, although I still pick. I'm trying to get out of the habit, and since I've given myself a bacterial infection now perhaps I'll learn, but yes, you would hate to have me as a client!!

I really took care of my nails when I had them done. Even my polished nails lasted for 2 weeks with hardly any chips in them. My belief was that I paid to get my nails done, so I needed to take care of them like anything else that I bought.

Funny, since I've been doing nails, I dont take care of mine that much - as I'm always doing other people's and I also know that I can easily do mine at any time!

I didnt like being messed about, my appointes jigged about and so on!

Latest posts

Back