What sort of cut is best?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louiser

Reaction score
I normally let my hairdresser decide what to do with my hair but I keep seeing more and more people with hair that I want to ask for. The sort of thing I'm after is very short, like the sort of thing Posh has at the minute, I just wanted to ask if this hair cut is a no no for certain face shapes hair colours etc? Also once you have this hair cut how would you go about styling this yourself?

Thank you for reading everybody, hope you are all well x x x

i use to have very sort hair but i got bord with it. it's best to ask your stylist some the big "Q" too,to help you. some thing els look at hair mag to.:green:

I normally let my hairdresser decide what to do with my hair but I keep seeing more and more people with hair that I want to ask for. The sort of thing I'm after is very short, like the sort of thing Posh has at the minute, I just wanted to ask if this hair cut is a no no for certain face shapes hair colours etc? Also once you have this hair cut how would you go about styling this yourself?

i had a similar (posh) cut done on tuesday...took a piccy of her in last weeks ok mag pmsl......its easy peasy just wash let dry naturally straighten before bed....done till the next time i wash it (usually 3 days) have you got a piccy of you so we can see if it would suit you....

i had a similar (posh) cut done on tuesday...took a piccy of her in last weeks ok mag pmsl......its easy peasy just wash let dry naturally straighten before bed....done till the next time i wash it (usually 3 days) have you got a piccy of you so we can see if it would suit you....

jo yours looks amazing!!! i remember when it was long dark and curly! x

jo yours looks amazing!!! i remember when it was long dark and curly! x

wot when i looked like a gipsy...pmsl

What is your face shape Louiser? Need more information.
If the cut is something like What Joanne got ( looks great on you joanne) it is a lengthening cut and I would not attempt to put that on someone with a long face.
or a triangle face (narrow forehead, narrow chin and wide cheek bones.)

About styling: It all depends on what type of hair you have.
Thick/Thin
Fine/ course
Straight/ curly/ wavy

Hair color:
the thing about hair color is that what peeps see in the picture is what they like.
If the model is a heavy creamy baby blonde and the client is a dark auburn, the cut is not going to look the same to the eye. The cut can be a perfect rendition but to the eye it will throw it off and this is what the client has to understand.

Remember this for coloring. Blonde hair Looks bigger to the eye.
Dark hair tends to look smaller. Of course it is optical illusions.

It is like putting yourself in a pair of white pants and then black pants..what makes your butt look bigger?? :D

then add patterns.horizontal will broaden in width
Vertical patterns with lengthen.

Did that help?

Wow thats fantastic advice! This is why I wanted to ask you guys rather than someone who perhaps just wants my money!

Well I have a chubby face but it is quite long, at the moment I have quite a blunt fringe.
I have thick hair but it has been thinned quite a bit at the mo.
The colour is very dark, almost black at the mo but I am happy to have that changed too.
It is very very straight and heavy!

Thank you for all the fantastic replys everyone! x x x

A piccie of you would help so we can all say what we think would suit you :)

Ok, I'll pluck up the courage and get one sorted, thanks again everyone x x x

Your pic is lovely you really suit that cut:hug:

Finally! I am Premmie again so I can post pics! Thank you everyone x x

Attachments

• salon1.jpg
    salon1.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 62
  • salon2.jpg
    salon2.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 73
One thing i have noticed louiser is the style u have currently, the width of your fringe goes quite far back and by the look of the first pic your hair already looks quite heavily layed this is fine, however posh's look is much longer at the front and all one length apart from being textured where as yours appears to be layered far more, which it can still be doen but means more work for you styling it.
Best of luck xx

Finally! I am Premmie again so I can post pics! Thank you everyone x x

Don't know anything professionally about hair but just wanted to say you do NOT have a chubby face!! :)

And, personally, I LOVE your current cut!:hug:

Thank you nailfairy, i will ask him about this and see what he says.

Ha, thank you everyone, I always thought that whilst my face was quite long it was also quite chubby! x x x

It is possible to have a long and chubby face..but you my dear do not fit in that catagory.
While you have a tall forehead , your face is a picture of perfect health.Your cheek bones are wide enough to balance everything out.
Wearing a light fringe will help camoflage the length.:D

Latest posts

Back