what spray tan solution for dark skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

softpeach

Reaction score
Hi all, I have done my training with tantrick and use there solution :) but; there 12% does not work for asian or very dark skin tones, has anyone got any idea's what solution i could purchase that has a good colour guide and lasts like tantrick :) xx thanks

but why would someone whos that colour already need a spray tan ?:confused:

because they have a very patchy skin tone, and yes they go on holiday to get a tan, hence thats why i posted this thread coz in the salon where i work many asians and dark toned skins tones come for a spray tan, i would like to offer a good solution for there needs to, :) xx

why doesnt the 12 % work, does the colour not develop dark enough to match existing skin colour or is it because the guide colour is not showing/or wrong shade for a darker client?

yes the 12% does not give a deep colour they all want, and when i spray them they don't get the tan lines like we would get if we used the 12%, i have tried 12% siennax on asian skin and it does leave tan lines but does not last very long, xx :)

hi

dont know if this will help but i have just spray tanned my neice who is black quarter cast and she is naturally quite dark - she looks more half cast

i used sudo dark on her (it was a sample) sorry i dont know the percentage and she definitely was a lot darker with it and had tan lines just like it would show on white skin

hope this helps

nicola

i will give them a call on monday to get a sample, its hard because they want to see the instant results, with a long lasting shade, but as im not sure how much there skin tones can take it has left me scratching my head, what company to invest in, many thanks xxx :)

if you go on spraytansupermarket.com - you can get samples from a few different companies you just check the boxes for the colour percentages samples that you require - so you could see if any of them are suitable as well

oh sorry - just clicked on it and is different to when i did it a few months ago - but i think if you click on the solution for each company and follow steps you can still do it - hope that makes sense
nicola

Last edited:
many thanks hun, cheers for the info,:) im sure there are a few companys on there that do a solution for my salon needs :hug: xxxxxxx

the celebrity secrets goes up to 16 % dha

looking at it - the celebrity secrets one seems to come in 6, 8 , 10 12, 14 and even 16%

so that looks promising

let us know how you get on

nicola

lol - angel fingers you type faster than me

i have just seen that on there web page, does anyone know how its lasts etc; cheers for your help guys so far :) xxxx

Celebrity Secrets lasts very well but I would say it has more of a reddy tinge to the tan than a dark brown, but having not tried the 16% I do not know how this turns out.

Try asking Liz at Vani-T for a sample of her 12% as that is dark. If you need her number pm me.

Maybe you could give the lady two layers? As thats like having two tans it would go allot darker maybe charge her a tad bit extra as you will be using more solution :hug:

mm intresting..funney enough I had a Grenaden lady living next door to me who was already fairly dark in skin colour...she used to do an anual pilgrimage to her home country for two weeks every year and took great delight when she got back from her hols in showing off her tan..indeed she had gone even more darker and seemed to be delighted ...so I guess unlike some (Mr Jackson) who would rather go a lighter shade of brown there is a strong contingant that wish to tan darker.

Whichever brand is used there is a maximum limit as to how brown an individual will go...just by uping the DHA % does not mean that the individual will indeed go darker..each individual also of course reacts differently to the aplication of DHA onto the skin.

I can understan the problem with a coloured individual who has light blemish areas and can only suggest (other than to use the highest DHA percentage )that after an initial spray that the light areas are touched up with either a second visit or with an aerosol spray that he/she could use at home...do remember though that on the second aplication around the light areas that you moisturise around the darker border areas as you dont want the darker skin tone to darken even further:)
Hoping this helps.

Have you tried a sample of Fake Bake Dark solution? Sorry i dont know what DHA it is. :)

The new Celebrity Secrets range is vitamin and moisturiser enriched. The 12, 14 and 16% are great for Asian / Mediteranean skin tones. The colour is more olive brown than the other range which tends towards reddish brown

...do remember though that on the second aplication around the light areas that you moisturise around the darker border areas as you dont want the darker skin tone to darken even further:)
Hoping this helps.

Can I ask a question about the above method Collin - say a person was sprayed 8% on one day and had another spray done within 2/3 days with 8% again, would the end result be darker than a 8% or would it only go darker with a higher % solution. Would this person be better off with a 10% in the first place.

I had heard this method mentioned before and couldnt get my head around why this would be better.

hi all cheers for advice so far. regards asking a clients to have two tans would be fine with me :) but they just wont pay for that, i give my asian clients two coats of 12% to give an even look tan and i pull away at there knees, etc because they seem to go very dark in them areas.
regarding your reply apollo, i was sent some 10% solution from Cs and i sprayed my friend to see how it looked and we loved it apart from it was just a bit red,:) is it just your hi level dha that has the deep brown without the red tones? many thanks... :) x

Latest posts

Back