What tan to use for a red headed bride?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amy886

Reaction score
Hi I'm wondering If anyone can recommend a tan for my cousin who is gettin married in August but wants a trial next month. I want it to be a perfect natural looking shade as she is very fair, a red head, so I would think an 8% would probably be best? But what brand could anyone recommend or has used for a bride please, doesn't matter what price, I currently like organics and vani-t but feel these would be to dark, all advice greatly appreciated thanks?

Amy x

You could try a 6% or what might work even better is to use a rapid tan as the bride can wash it off after a relatively short time. The tan develops darker the longer you leave it on so it she washes the tan off after an hour she should be a lovely natural colour, that might be your best bet.

Thankyou, I have trialled rapid tans myself and wasn't to keen as I thought they faded very bad, what brand of tan do you recommend for a 6/8%. I've read alot of good reviews on nouvatan so think I'm gonna get a trial pack? thanks again

Thankyou, I have trialled rapid tans myself and wasn't to keen as I thought they faded very bad, what brand of tan do you recommend for a 6/8%. I've read alot of good reviews on nouvatan so think I'm gonna get a trial pack? thanks again

If you want to pm me your address i can send you samples so you can try the solution and see what you think?

I would recommend Nouvatan 8%. I have used that a number of times on my redheaded clients, the type that burn then go white, and for those that burn then actually tan, i use 10%, but never any darker. Nouvatan always gives a lovely golden tan that compliments redheads

Hi, I am a Redhead myself and use Nouvatan on myself as well as my clients... well I get my hubby to tan me lol.

I get a lovely natural colour from an 8%, though I have tried the 10% which also looks fine.. but obviously darker.

I also tried their Rapid Tan and washed it off after 3 hours... and this was still darker than their 10% is on me. So I would only use the 8% for a natural effect for a wedding.

Also, just remember that with the rapid tan... it keeps developing for sometime after wash off. I was initially disappointed after my shower, as the guide colour seemed darker than what was left.... but lets just say the next morning when I woke up and looked in the mirror... I got one hell of a shock!!! A lovely shock at that, but I was darker than I'd ever been before and it looked awesome!!! And that was only on initially for 3 hours :eek:

Hope this helps..

Michelle x

We have a product called 'Winter Glow' specifically designed for fair skinned clients. The DHA content is proprietary information. It works by controlling the DHA reaction. That is, it will not overload the available Keratin in the skin with DHA. It's actually very popular with brides full stop, fair skinned or not.

Ive done trial on very very pale bride, almost see-through! Did Nouvatan 8% and she loved it, looked really natural and just gave her a glow :)

Sprayed her last night for her wedding on Saturday, waited all morning for the text and she finally messaged me to say its perfect... Phew! I was breaking out in a sweat i felt that much pressure haha

Would definitely recommend Crazy Angel 6% for a glow- let me tell you it is a glow.

Or Suntana 8% for an actual natural tan!

Nouvatan 8% for a lovely glow or 10% for a tan xxx

Nouvatan 8% for me too. Sprayed a bride last Thursday after she had her trial with me and absolutely loved it. Gave her a healthy glow rather than a 'noticeable tan'. Exactly what she wanted and perfect for her pale skin

Hi I'm wondering If anyone can recommend a tan for my cousin who is gettin married in August but wants a trial next month. I want it to be a perfect natural looking shade as she is very fair, a red head, so I would think an 8% would probably be best? But what brand could anyone recommend or has used for a bride please, doesn't matter what price, I currently like organics and vani-t but feel these would be to dark, all advice greatly appreciated thanks?

Amy x

Ah a womans wedding day...e of the most important days in her life :Love:and therefore essential that you get things right for her on this special day.

It could be well worth you trying our Essence of Summer solution which forms part of the Tantrick tange of solutions which has been specifically formulated for the fair skin and somehow just loves a freckled red head skin type offering a refreshing English summer rose look.

Fragrances with strawberries and Mellon and very little initial colour guide essence of summer offers a refreshing spray tan application with extremely good longevity and even fade off which is used by many brides for there special occasion.

Alternativley you could also try our Tantrick 5% solution which will give a lovely light glow to the skin

If you are going to be trying out different products you haven't used before do make sure you allow ample time for testing properly and that you give at least on application prior to the application on the day ....you want to be certain that the tan you have chosen for the bride is right for her.
You don't want to be the one turning her day into a potential disaster before he new life has begun :eek::wink2:

Good luck with the search and the event

st. tropez gives a lovely sun kissed look

Wow thanks all just popped on to check any replies, much appreciated! Soo nervous as it is my first wedding and I want it to be perfect, I'm having samples of organic 6% and the rapid tan and will order nouvatan 8% sample this week, and think the safest option is to test that on my very pale sister first to see the results!

As for essence of summer although it seems it would be good for her I prefer a tan with more of a guide colour will let you all know how I get on!

Ohh forgot to ask where can I get at Tropez from and do they do samples and what %DHA do they do?

This is my friend Lorraine who is a redhead and doesn't tan at all! We sprayed her the day before this was taken with 12% Nouvatan and she loves it!! She looks like she has 'tanned' though as opposed to having a glow so perhaps a lower DHA whould be best for a bride! Coco Tan Lorraine.jpg Not the best picture but it gives you an idea!!

Thanks mimo that looks really nice can't believe a red head took to a 12%!! it doesn't even look that dark think I will try the 8 on the first trial and see if she wants to go darker she is very pale!

If anyone else has a pic of a redhead and what tan they have that would be great too!

Thanks mimo that looks really nice can't believe a red head took to a 12%!! it doesn't even look that dark think I will try the 8 on the first trial and see if she wants to go darker she is very pale!

If anyone else has a pic of a redhead and what tan they have that would be great too!

It really isn't that dark, just golden and natural, so a day or so before the wedding and it would be perfect! My favourite 'mix' for most of my clients is a Nouvatan 12/14%. Even my palest client (not Lorraine in the pic) who is almost blue loves this mix so who am i to argue!!!

Latest posts

Back