What technique do I clean my makeup brush?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helbel030

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've got a couple of foundation brushes that need a clean - I've seen a thread saying what I can use to do it but what technique do I use? Soak it in some water or squeeze the bristles around to get the foundation out or what? I've not got a spray on brush cleaner so at the mo I'm going to be using soapy water...

I want to do them tonight so any help would be great.

Thanks

Spray-on brush cleaner is for use while you're on the job, in between faces, so you are not waiting for brushes to dry. Ideally you will have 2 or more sets of brushes so you're not spending all your time cleaning.

Brushes can be washed thoroughly in warm soapy water, all MUAs I know use baby shampoo, I use Aveda's Shampure. Do not soak your brushes for a long period of time as this will encourage shedding. Foundation brushes with their closely knit bristles will need extra attention as product will collect at the base of the brush.

hth

I use an antibacterial soap to wash my brushes and then let then air dry.

Hiya,

I was wondering about using a foundation brush...are they good? Is it as easy to use as a sponge? Never tried one .....Samx

I also use warm soapy water and as Amy says foundation brushes need extra attention.

I do use my Mac foundation brush more than sponge, I prefer it. I think it is all about personal preference, but I do think that a brush gives a better finish.

I was taught at collage (about 5 years ago) to put surgical spirit on a tissue and wipe the brushes around on that.
Surgical spirit its good for anti-bac, and it doesnt make the brushes wet.

Thanks for all your replies guys, I've not done them yet cos I'm a bit scared of ruining them!

Ooh, and Ellasmum, they are far better than a sponge, you don't need to use half as much foundation and they give a far better finish.

HTH

:hug:

Latest posts

Back