What The Hell Have I Done Wrong Now!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nails At The Hat Hire Company

Reaction score
IM IN DESPAIR MY NAIL ENHANCEMENTS GO FROM BAD TO WORSE. - IVE GIVEN UP ON L & P AT THE MO AS I JUST CRY EVERYTIME I SEE THE RESULTS.

SO IM CONCENTRATING ON FABRIC# HAVE DONE THREE SETS IN THE LAST TWO WEEKS . NOT ONE OF THEM HAS BOOKED A REBAL APPOINTMENT AND I HAVE never DONE A REBALANCE AS NO ONE SEEMS TO RETURN.
A HAIRDRESSER CAME IN FOR A REPAIR - I HAD REPAIRED HER FREINDS TOENAIL WITH FABRIC (AS I HAVE DONE BEFORE - AS SHE LIKES VERY LONG TOE NAILS!!) AND ALL WENT PERFECT. SO HER HAIRDRESSER FREIND CAME AND I DID THE NORMAL PREP APPLIED THE BOND AND THE FABRIC JUST WOULDNT STAY PUT. I MANAGED AFTER ABOUT 5 PIECES AND RE PREPING AND STARTING AGAIN TO GET IT TO STICK - BUT AS I PUT THE BOND OVER THE TOP IT WAS JUST SLIDING OFF! i APPLIED A PIECE OF FABRIC TO MY NAIL AND IT STUCK - WITHOUT BOND ETC - JUST TO SEE. - SO I STATRTED AGAIN AND GOT IT TO LAY FLAT. ANYWAY ALL FINISHED AND IT LOOKED OK. HOWEVER SHE RANG THE NEXT DAY TO SAY IT WAS ALL LIFTED UP! I SAW MY LAST FULL SET CLIENT A WEEK AFTER HER NAILS WERE APPLIED (SOCIALLY AT MY DAUGHTERS FOOTBALL TOURNAMENT) AND SHE SAID OH IVE LOST TWO NAILS DOING THIS AND THAT BUT WHEN I LOOKED - SNEAKILY AT THE OTHERS I WAS MORTIFIED TO SEE LIFTING - I DID SAY TO HER OH COME BACK IN AND I WILL REPAIR THOSE FOR YOU - THINKING I COULD HAVE A GOOD LOOK AT THE OTHERS AND MAKE GOOD MY BAD JOB BUT I SAW HER TODAY AT SCHOOL AND I NOTICED SHE HAS TAKEN THEM ALL OFF!
SO REALLY THIS IS TWO PROBLEMS - MY OVERALL APPLICATION - IVE HAD A ONE TO ONE AT MILTON KEYNES WHICH IS EVEN MORE MORTIFYING! AND THE FABRIC STICKING PROBLEM.. AGGHH!

Oh Jenny poor u fabric dont no much about your best bet would be ruth shes the best at that, but i no what u mean about the l&p just when i think i,ve cracked it i do a set and omg they look bad smile line wonky acrylic 2 thick had to do lot of buffing to get nice shape nail then do another set perfect u just have to keep practising and b patient it will come in time hope u managed to get some of your frustreation out of u by the look of your thread chin up hun keep going

Thehandsanctuary said:
IM IN DESPAIR MY NAIL ENHANCEMENTS GO FROM BAD TO WORSE. - IVE GIVEN UP ON L & P AT THE MO AS I JUST CRY EVERYTIME I SEE THE RESULTS.

SO IM CONCENTRATING ON FABRIC# HAVE DONE THREE SETS IN THE LAST TWO WEEKS . NOT ONE OF THEM HAS BOOKED A REBAL APPOINTMENT AND I HAVE never DONE A REBALANCE AS NO ONE SEEMS TO RETURN.
A HAIRDRESSER CAME IN FOR A REPAIR - I HAD REPAIRED HER FREINDS TOENAIL WITH FABRIC (AS I HAVE DONE BEFORE - AS SHE LIKES VERY LONG TOE NAILS!!) AND ALL WENT PERFECT. SO HER HAIRDRESSER FREIND CAME AND I DID THE NORMAL PREP APPLIED THE BOND AND THE FABRIC JUST WOULDNT STAY PUT. I MANAGED AFTER ABOUT 5 PIECES AND RE PREPING AND STARTING AGAIN TO GET IT TO STICK - BUT AS I PUT THE BOND OVER THE TOP IT WAS JUST SLIDING OFF! i APPLIED A PIECE OF FABRIC TO MY NAIL AND IT STUCK - WITHOUT BOND ETC - JUST TO SEE. - SO I STATRTED AGAIN AND GOT IT TO LAY FLAT. ANYWAY ALL FINISHED AND IT LOOKED OK. HOWEVER SHE RANG THE NEXT DAY TO SAY IT WAS ALL LIFTED UP! I SAW MY LAST FULL SET CLIENT A WEEK AFTER HER NAILS WERE APPLIED (SOCIALLY AT MY DAUGHTERS FOOTBALL TOURNAMENT) AND SHE SAID OH IVE LOST TWO NAILS DOING THIS AND THAT BUT WHEN I LOOKED - SNEAKILY AT THE OTHERS I WAS MORTIFIED TO SEE LIFTING - I DID SAY TO HER OH COME BACK IN AND I WILL REPAIR THOSE FOR YOU - THINKING I COULD HAVE A GOOD LOOK AT THE OTHERS AND MAKE GOOD MY BAD JOB BUT I SAW HER TODAY AT SCHOOL AND I NOTICED SHE HAS TAKEN THEM ALL OFF!
SO REALLY THIS IS TWO PROBLEMS - MY OVERALL APPLICATION - IVE HAD A ONE TO ONE AT MILTON KEYNES WHICH IS EVEN MORE MORTIFYING! AND THE FABRIC STICKING PROBLEM.. AGGHH!

Oh babe,
How bad can it be.............I can only see 3 problems here.....

Ok ....First problem... lets check this out and break it down..........the mesh will only slide about on the nail if you over wet it......pat the bond on instead of brushing it on with a heavy hand.........
So reduce the amount of bond and let the mesh soak it up..........
One problem solved.........

Next lifting...2nd problem......
Ok prep the nail the best you can, remove all non living tissue, paying special attention to the lateral walls, scrubfresh, let it dry and make bond your first layer on the nail.........then apply tips......... the bond will give you a sound base for the rest of the fabric# system to adhere to. Solved !!!

Next 3rd problem
You are on a downer, a self doubting faze, so take a deep breath............
Get some friends around to your house, have a fabric# party............
Do some sets and see how they hold out................
I bet you will do a lot better, in calm and by you controlled setting xxxxxxxxx
Then and this is so important..............have a bottle or two of nice Vino and have a giggle with your mates..............
Then after all is well and confidence is slightly on the up, go and get em girl xxxxxxxx
You know you can do it xxxxxxxxxxx
love ya xxx

Thehandsanctuary said:
Arrrrr Bless! you poor thing! :sad: and I have to say you've no idea what a relief that I'm not the only one who does this.... at the moment I cry every time I do my own nails.... its sooooooo frustrating isn't it. I too am finding my nails are getting worse rather than better... but do you know something.... after speaking to a lot of peeps here..... we all go through it and its a case of working past the pain barrier.... I've not been doing it for long so I've not got to that stage yet... I too work with L&P and to be honest just lately I keep asking myself what on earth am I doing putting myself through this every time I try! But hang on in there..... oh dear.... I need to practice what I preach!!

Big hug for ya!

Hey Jenni,

Please don't give up on yourself, as Ruth says you need to work on your confidence and take a step back, then take the bull by the horns and flatten the sucker!!

I really feel for you, i know i went through a similar thing with my L&P. I think you have to feel like you've been beaten down so when you build yourself back up it makes you stronger and a much better nail technician.

It is not easy by any stretch of the imagination. i have been doing L&P since January and only Last night, did i feel like i actually loved the set i did. It does take time, and alot of practise to get it right. You will have bad days, hell we all have them, but you just have to fight your way back and then WHEN you succeed, and you will, it feels great.:D

My smiles aren't perfect but they are so much better than before and i actually enjoy doing nails and not dread the final look. Keep your chin up Jenni, we are all here and know what you're going through, so you go girl!!

I have been having probs too! But my friends say I am too critical of myself and they can't see the problem!
When I do a bad set on myself, it always puts me on a downer. In fact, I had a bad one with gel yesterday - don't know what happened. Probably me being lazy but on two fingers, they peeled off! Anyway, my boyfriends ex girlfriend heard I did nails and phoned me to ask if I would do them for her on Saturday...I'm petrified! I want them too be good as with all my clients but maybe just a little bit more scared because of who she is!! Don't even know which system to use. She's off on holiday and left her nails in my hands...
Oh well. Don;t give up! I'm always on downers but then I'll do a really good set and it'll make me happy again!

Sam xx

SammiG said:
I have been having probs too! But my friends say I am too critical of myself and they can't see the problem!
When I do a bad set on myself, it always puts me on a downer. In fact, I had a bad one with gel yesterday - don't know what happened. Probably me being lazy but on two fingers, they peeled off! Anyway, my boyfriends ex girlfriend heard I did nails and phoned me to ask if I would do them for her on Saturday...I'm petrified! I want them too be good as with all my clients but maybe just a little bit more scared because of who she is!! Don't even know which system to use. She's off on holiday and left her nails in my hands...
Oh well. Don;t give up! I'm always on downers but then I'll do a really good set and it'll make me happy again!

Sam xx
Hi Sam: as far as which system to use is concerned, see if she's heavy on her hands or not, ask her how long she plans on keeping the enhancements for ie. is it a one-off or is she planning on maintaining them. Once you have these answers, it will be a bit more obvious as to what you should use.

Thanks! Ideally she would like to keep them maintained. I have decided on L & P for tomorrow. Some pink and whites should look good. I re did my nails last night and they look great now..thank goodness!

Sam x

thanks for all your help but i dont believe it did a full set on french tips tonight and the same thing happened was really careful not to overwet nail (did proper prep first etc.,) and the fabric just 'peeled' straight back off tried silk - same thing. now unprofessionaly i know but i know this client only wants them on for tomorrow night last time she had a set for a 'do' and then never returned so i did the best i could blending doen the fabric in the places it had stuck.
next week i have an overlay and a full set and i really dont think i have the confidence to do them i ju7st sat with my 5 bottles of bond and went through on tips applying bond/fabric/bond and they all stayed put!!!!
working all day tomorrow but gonna try and get mummy in b4 mon for a guineapig session just cant think why its not staying put..

Is your fibreglass or Silk contaminated.........
Try using it from the end of the strip........
Now it stayes put on your mum...........so there must be something diffrent some where ????
Its a mystery...........well only until we solve it and we will babe !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back