What to advise client?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammi010

Reaction score
I am 4 days overdue with baby and so am not doing clients this week!

I have a regular lady who would have been due her infills at the weekend, she knew I wouldn't be able to do them. I have someone covering some of my regulars but as this client can only do evenings or weekends and needs mobile I couldn't t find anyone, that I knew and could recommend, with availability to take her on. She asked me if I minded if she asked on a local FB group which of course I said I didn't mind, she did and got lots of replies but obviously hasn't got anything sorted as she's just messaged me to ask if it's possible to soak them off herself and if so how. She has acrylic on.

I could of course send her a step by step of what to do but even with the clearest written instructions she could still cause damage. She only has them short so I could tell her the best thing to do is just to keep them filed short and let them grow out but she always gets some lifting around the sidewalls so I don't think that's going to work.

What would you do? Advise her how to soak off but spell out if done incorrectly can cause damage, or just end up in a sticky mess! Or alternttively say what?

Unless there is anyone local (cheadle, Stockport) that's mobile, can do evenings or weekends and would like a client!

I'd send her a step by step or she may just pick/pull them off anyway as they lift and that will trash them just as much, if not more. I think clients tend to underestimate how long soak offs take so emphasis that this is an evenings work in front of the soaps or a boxset, and that patience is the key to ensure good removal.

It's lovely she's so loyal, and great you are committed to the health of her natural nails, but needs must in the situation clearly.

Good luck with the new arrival, may your contractions be as pain free as possible and your labour short and sweet ;):eek:

Good luck with the new arrival, may your contractions be as pain free as possible and your labour short and sweet ;):eek:

Thank you. No signs of anything moving yet, which is making me feel bad for not saying I'll go round and soak them off for her but I worked up to Friday which was my due date and have had to draw the line somewhere!

Good point on the inevitable picking doing more damage. She is quite well trained (scared :D) not to pick but that's in between two week appointments!

Latest posts

Back