What to charge for nail art?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxCatherinexx

Reaction score
Hello! The beauty salon i have recently started to work in is considering adding nail art to our services. As i'm the therapist who would be carrying out the treatment, i've been asked to research it.

Just wondering what prices do you all charge? per nail, or on time?

Would be a massive help if you could let me know! thanks.

i think you'd be better researching the salons in you area hun to see what they charge as pricing does depend on where you are.

I charge £10 start price but it depends on what they have to be honest

HTH

I agree with Scratchers. Prices do depend on the Area, the design and how many nails they want doing.

I wouldn't charge the same price for someone who only wants 2 nails done, to someone who wants all 10 done. Likewise I would charge as much for someone who only wants a few stripes on their nails, to someone who want my full on sunsets.

HTH's too.

Nail Art is a pain to price isn't it? I used to say I charged on time, but it can be really tricky estimating how long something is going to take, especially if you need to allow paint to dry before continuing with another colour etc or if there is a lot of detail.

I try and stick to things that are quite simple ie a couple of dotting tool flowers, rhinestones, a few flashes, a line of colour around the smile line . . . for any of these I would charge £5 - £10, and glitter tips have been popular over the Christmas period, not sure if they count as nail art though, I charge an extra £5 for these, acrylic 3D flowers have been popular and I charge £1.50 each for these.

If designs get complicated, clients can spend ten or fifteen minutes deciding what they want and in what colour . . . this can upset the timings for the whole mornings' appointments . . . and I would get them to book for it in advance otherwise it can become more trouble than it's worth.

hi i charge 25 per set! I goy my machine from nationwidenails.com, i dont know what others charge, but it only costs me 1p a nail.

hi i charge 25 per set! I goy my machine from nationwidenails.com, i dont know what others charge, but it only costs me 1p a nail.

25p for a set of what hun? Do you mean you are making 15p profit on your nail art done with this machine?

yes it costs me 1p per nail and i charge 25 pounds per set sometime more x pounds not pence! sorry

I've just watched the Youtube presentation about this machine. Is it as easy as it looks, and how long does the design last for?

cool, where was the you tube thing? Its great, very easy to use (has to be for me lol) and results are awseome, design lasts 2 weeks, i love it cos its quick and easy, also kids love it, we charge only £10 for kids, pop stars faces are popular lol. I would reccommend getting one if you dont have one.

Hi SarahB21

Just wanted to ask you a few questions about this machine:

How does it work? Is it like a lazer or stencils? And can you only do 1 nail at a time?

What came with the machine when you bought it? and how long is the guarantee?

If colours came with it, how many? and have you had to buy additional colours? How much do these cost?

thanks alot

Hi Well its an ink jet machine, the inks are cheap and i buy online from anyone really. It does 5 nails at a time. I also print flowers! I got loads of ink, and application bits and bobs with it i bought an extra 2 year warranty. I got it from a company in Kent called nationwidenails Run Your Own Nail Business Hope this helps. x Spraes are very cheap to buy, colours are whatever you put on the screen.

yes it costs me 1p per nail and i charge 25 pounds per set sometime more x pounds not pence! sorry

is this the price for the art only, or including the nails too?:confused:

i charge 25 pounds for the art printed to nails, sometimes i add false nails before hand , i have to coat the nails first so the pc picks up the outline.

i charge 25 pounds for the art printed to nails, sometimes i add false nails before hand , i have to coat the nails first so the pc picks up the outline.

that seems very expensive, do you get many clients.
is it a long process ?

i get loads, we also did a lot of party plans in a week with 20 people at a party we were busy! We charge beteen 10 and 25 pounds.

my nail art prices start from £3 but like said it depends on what design you want and on how many fingers

definately check what is on offer in your area

Hiya and welcome to the site. Sorry to pick up on this, but I don't believe that your TOTAL overheads are really 1p a nail. You also have to factor in the cost of the original machine, advertising costs, salon costs, etc etc.

I know this may seem as being picky and for that I apologise as I am sure you are aware that the figures aren't that simple. Firstly potential clients may be peed off if they think you really are making such a high profit margin when in all reality you aren't. PLUS people new to this business may not realise that there is more to working out their profit margins than purely the cost of the ink. As you can see from this thread I wrote http://www.salongeek.com/biz-geek/60522-sassy-guide-how-set-your-treatment-prices.html you will see it is something I have a bit of a passion for!! :lol:

Latest posts

Back