what to charge for NSI dried flowers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karen_SCV

Reaction score
Just wondering what sort of charge others are making for applying the pressed dried flowers from NSI (like the one in the piccy)

Just aquired some & love them to bits but have no idea on whats a reasonable price for them.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• nail.jpg
    nail.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 194
Hi Karen,

I also have the flowers and crushed shells I charge £5.00 for the flower and shells on white tip as seen in nsi catalogue, i have done two so far.

Regards

Claire x

Karen_SCV said:
Just wondering what sort of charge others are making for applying the pressed dried flowers from NSI (like the one in the piccy)

Just aquired some & love them to bits but have no idea on whats a reasonable price for them.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Hi Karen, is that set under the L&P?? If it is then i'd probably charge £5 per nail the same as Claire. If its under top coat then it would need to be a bit cheaper, say £1?

Hi Carole,

I place flower and shells on finished french look nail then put a small amount of clear L&p over whole nail to secure.

Regards

Claire x

I charge £3 per flower embedded into acrylic as well as under varnish.

Jue xxx

Carole Lindsay said:
Hi Karen, is that set under the L&P?? If it is then i'd probably charge £5 per nail the same as Claire. If its under top coat then it would need to be a bit cheaper, say £1?
:lol: just to be different ........ neither ......... its set under gel Carole

Karen_SCV said:
:lol: just to be different ........ neither ......... its set under gel Carole
Lol, i'd still charge the same!!!

I charge £5 under gel or L&p

hi everyone
just wondering how recently you all had a delivery of dried flowers from nsi ?
i paid for mine on the 11th of may and still no flowers ...when i ring they tell me they are still waiting for a delivery ...this is getting very frustrating :sad:
also have any of you had the white crushed shells and if so how white are yours ...mine are a sandy brownish colour ...nothing like the white in their brochure or the full page advert in scratch this month ...i was very disappointed as i wanted to use them for a wedding :cry: again when i rang i was told that they cannot guarantee the same colour in each batch as the colour dying process will give different results each time....so i should imagine infills will be difficult if you have to order another batch in :confused:
i would appreciate your input on this as if any of you have 'white' crushed shells it would save me looking for another alternative for the wedding and just wait for the next whiter batch to come in :confused:
thanks all
debbie

i press my own flowers...forget-me-not and tincy wincy little violets. I literally place them between sheets of tissue paper/or blotting paper and put them into a flower press for a couple of days. Admittedly the colour does fade from the flowers once under the acrylic but certainly stay intense for a good 4 weeks or so. MUCH cheaper option than buying already pressed!!

Hi Debbie

My flowers arrived next day and yes my white crushed shells are beige looking !

kx

debbienailz said:
hi everyone
just wondering how recently you all had a delivery of dried flowers from nsi ?
i paid for mine on the 11th of may and still no flowers ...when i ring they tell me they are still waiting for a delivery ...this is getting very frustrating :sad:
also have any of you had the white crushed shells and if so how white are yours ...mine are a sandy brownish colour ...nothing like the white in their brochure or the full page advert in scratch this month ...i was very disappointed as i wanted to use them for a wedding :cry: again when i rang i was told that they cannot guarantee the same colour in each batch as the colour dying process will give different results each time....so i should imagine infills will be difficult if you have to order another batch in :confused:
i would appreciate your input on this as if any of you have 'white' crushed shells it would save me looking for another alternative for the wedding and just wait for the next whiter batch to come in :confused:
thanks all
debbie

Hi

Just wondering how much everyone paid for their flowers? I didnt get mine from nsi (and didnt know I could do) and I think I could have paid a bit much for them. I charge £3 for mine.... maybe I will put their price up!?!!

karen
sorry to be nosy but how long ago did you order and receive the flowers as they tell me they have been waiting for a delivery since the 11/05/04????
many thanks
debbie

Kimberley0699 said:
Hi

Just wondering how much everyone paid for their flowers? I didnt get mine from nsi (and didnt know I could do) and I think I could have paid a bit much for them. I charge £3 for mine.... maybe I will put their price up!?!!
hi kimberley
thay cost £4.99 for 20 from nsi plus vat plus postage ....where did you get yours from as i have been unable to locate another supplier?
debbie

I found them on Ebay (needless to say I dont use nsi, I use OPI)!!! I am in shock - I paid about £15 with postage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there an nsi website address I can look at that anyone knows of!?

Hi Kim

yes i was watching some on ebay that were going quite high then a freind mentioned how much they were !! £4.99plus VAT for 20

Ive also been caught out on ebay watching something i really wanted (not knowing where to get them!) and paying over the odds ! Live and learn eh !

NSIs web site is www.nsinails.co.uk

kx

Kimberley0699 said:
I found them on Ebay (needless to say I dont use nsi, I use OPI)!!! I am in shock - I paid about £15 with postage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there an nsi website address I can look at that anyone knows of!?

Hi
I ordered mine on thursday from nsi and got them friday but the blue ones are on back order so i am waiting for them i got red orange and purple
i also got stung on ebay and paid £15 for them a few weeks ago i got 20 mixed. they are lovely though

debbienailz said:
karen
sorry to be nosy but how long ago did you order and receive the flowers as they tell me they have been waiting for a delivery since the 11/05/04????
many thanks
debbie

I placed my order for flowers and crished shells this morning to be delivered tomorrow.

She did advise me that the blue flowers were out of stock but they were expecting a delivery tomorrow or the day after. I didn't bother with the blue flowers cause I'm tooooo impatient and want the flowers now!!!!! :biggrin:

thanks very much for the website add. Im glad im not the only one who got caught on ebay!! Have a few nail techs who I went to college with who could also use this new info!!!

Me again

I have just been onto the nis website and a pack of 20 flowers (at £4.99) are coming up as £14.67 as postage is £8.81!!
Is there a way to get some kind of discount?!

Latest posts

Back