What to charge for room rental

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

190Gina

Reaction score
I have a room in a salon that is available for rent in the Surrey area.
Just wondering what the going rates are to charge ?

It would include electricity and water rates

I have a single room above a hair salon in central Bath which I rent for £600. I think it's a good deal. Consider what else you can throw in which adds value but doesn't cost you anything. I get access to the drinks making area and client waiting area and a little bit of support with meeting and greeting from the hair stylists when they aren't also with clients. I can also use the wifi and plug my card machine into the hair salon router so I don't need a separate broadband agreement. They even offered me use of the washer dryer - although looking at the mould around the rim, I haven't taken them up on their offer. I've also been offered a page on their website.

If you can offer a receptionist or junior to look after their clients you could ask more. But it depends whether you rent to a therapist with an established client base who will appreciate and value support - someone new to self employment might not want/need this extra. It does make a huge difference to building your column.

Latest posts

Back