What to do about polish???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

emmad

Reaction score
I've completed my course and had loads of practice. I'm starting to advertise Myself now as a Mobile Nail Technician and hopefully the calls will come flodding in soon!!!

As far as my kit bag goes what has everyone else done? ~Did you go for a bulk deal with 1 of everything from your chosen manufacturer or did you buy one colour at a time?
:rolleyes:

I got loads of colours by Nubar. Don't need them all, maybe never will however I got them from www.k-sa-ra.com aka Chocolate (on this site, look in members list) She has all basic colours at £1 & moodies for £2, huge savings, P+P is £3 I think.

Go to www.bynubar.com for an accurate colour chart then give Chocolate a bell & order from her.

Sonia

hi creative i think are the best polishes they are good value 4 money as well 3.15 plus vat they r well worth it

you can buy a polish case and pick 30 polishes to go init great 4 mobile use and your clients can see the colour collection rather then having to get them all out on the table, keep an eye out on here as quite alot of people sell there polishes here

It really does depend on how much you can afford to spend. Creative and Opi's polishes are lovely but cost much more than, for example, Attitude by Star Nails. Creative £3.50, Opi £4.00 and Attitude £1.60. I use all 3 makes!! Also, it depends on how you are carrying your stuff around. I have a big carrier and have a section in the bottom full of nail polishes. You need to think that you will have a lot to carry so try to minimise how many different bags you are carrying. Hope this helps.

Hi

Like Carole, I use Creative and Attitude polishes. I bought a vanity case to carry them around in for when I do a mobile client.

To begin with, I bought the Autumn/Winter and Spring/Summer Creative collections (the Autumn/Winter collection comes in its own carry bag). This gave me a good selection of colours and a second bottle for retail! The attitude polishes I bought at the last Exel show and again I bought a couple of selections to give me some retail bottles aswell. I don't use all the colours but clients always say there is a nice selection to chose from.

It's easy to go a bit mad at the beginning - buying loads of stuff so I would start with a few colours - see which ones are popular before you bulk buy. I keep a colour chart for both Creative and Star Nails and clients can then place an order if they are after a specific colour.

Hope this helps - good luck

Madeline
x

Why not buy 2 from about 5 companies and find out what you like before you spend out on a whole range and then find you dont like the polish! Visit the nail show in Sept and try before you buy, even better!!

I had a good colour chart, 1 tip painted with every colour, let the client choose from that, then go get it out of the car! I know its not professional but i did not wanna carry 200 varnishes around!!

chocolate said:
Why not buy 2 from about 5 companies and find out what you like before you spend out on a whole range and then find you dont like the polish! Visit the nail show in Sept and try before you buy, even better!!

I had a good colour chart, 1 tip painted with every colour, let the client choose from that, then go get it out of the car! I know its not professional but i did not wanna carry 200 varnishes around!!

Thanks guys, I'll try a few makes before I invest. I already plan to be at the show in September, maybe I'll make do until then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back