What to do ????? Flowers in acrylic.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

talented talons

Master Artist
Reaction score
I've just been playing with putting the dried flowers into Acrlic as well as using the Crushed shells, which i have to say look really effective and quite simple to do.

My question is, when the nail grows and you get to reballance time, as far as the shells on the tip are concerned is it going to have to be taken right down so that you file the shells out then re apply, ( and i know this will take time to do or do you have to start again with the whole nail if a client gets bored after a couple of weeks? Or just wait for it to grow out? (which i know would look stupid.)

I ask as my haidresser says she goes to a salon in southend and they just say you have to let them grow out, which sounds like they can't be bothered. As i'm new to this technique i need some expert advice from you guys.

Thanks again,:D

What about soaking them off and doing a new set?

I thought of that soaking them off but what happens when like one of my clients she has nail art different every 2 weeks, i can't do a full soak off that often, anyone else got any ideas????

talented talons said:
I thought of that soaking them off but what happens when like one of my clients she has nail art different every 2 weeks, i can't do a full soak off that often, anyone else got any ideas????
Come on guys: there are so many of you out there who set stuff under l&p and resin - how do you deal with it when it needs rebalancing??

I would say you would do the same as when backfilling white in pink and whites.
File out the growth area level with the smile line then re-apply the shells in the gap.
When the flowers grow to far up the nail though you will need to soak off and re-apply.
Hths

lesley1965 said:
I would say you would do the same as when backfilling white in pink and whites.
File out the growth area level with the smile line then re-apply the shells in the gap.
When the flowers grow to far up the nail though you will need to soak off and re-apply.
Hths
I guess the moral is that as soon as the client gets bored its a soak off and there's no other way, eh? I guess knowing that it would be important to inform the client of that before doing the fancy stuff, right?

the flowers i do go over a finished nail then they have a thin clear acrylic overlay, so i file all over the nail and the flowers flake off then rebalance as per normal.
not tried shells, YET ! lol

shropshiredawn said:
the flowers i do go over a finished nail then they have a thin clear acrylic overlay, so i file all over the nail and the flowers flake off then rebalance as per normal.
not tried shells, YET ! lol
that sounds more like it - good idea dawn!! i'm sure Wendy (Talented Talons) will be so pleased to have a response that doesnt mean a total soak off!

Oh that sonds alot more simple, thanks Shropshire Dawn. I must admit i thought about just using a top coat and applying a flower, so i suppose it would be the smae principle but with a thin layer of acrylic.

At least that is alot more simple to deal with. Thanks for your help Caz, it will give us something to play around with next time we meet.

As for the crushed shells i guess i will just have to give it ago as i would when doing pink and whites.

Anyone else tried the crushed shelld yet??????

You could always cheat and just do a pink rebalance rather than file it all off and then put nail art or a polish over it until it grows off

Thanks Debs that's a great idea actually, you could just do a row of flowers or something freehand to cover it.....mmm something to try me thinks.

talented talons said:
Thanks Debs that's a great idea actually, you could just do a row of flowers or something freehand to cover it.....mmm something to try me thinks.

Sawasdee ka

I think you can buy nearly all creative products from designer nails but not l&p you can buy l&p after you have trained or you have the conversion course .

The brush you speak about if i read right is a designer nail brush not creative .

Mui from Thailand

Thanks Mui,

didn't realise you could order from just designer nails, so will look for that brush

talented talons said:
Thanks Mui,

didn't realise you could order from just designer nails, so will look for that brush
Am i being daft here: wot brush are we talking about?

Hey Caz i think Mui posted this on the wrong thread, i asked about a designer nails brush which is supposed to be good, cant think wot thread its on, as used with L&P didn't think i could order it. Thats all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back