What to do if lash extension adhesive gets into eyes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apple

Reaction score
Hi

Could someone please advise what to do if eyelash extension adhesive gets into eyes?
Just in case if my client accidentally open her eyes during the eyelash extension procedure.
I'm using Salon System Individual lash adhesive

thanks

Your client should never open the eyes during the treatments and even if there should be no adhesive going in the eye if you are applying extensions with the right technique and minimum adhesive.
In case your client does get adhesive or any other products in the eye you would need to rush her to A&e immediately and report this to your insurance as it could result in permanent damage x

(Edited to remove typo)

Last edited by a moderator:
Your client should never open the eyes during the treatments and even if there should be no adhesive going in the eye if you are applying extensions with the right technique and minimum adhesive.
In case your client does get adhesive or any other products in the eye you would need to rush her to A&e immediately and report this to your insurance as it could result in permanent damage x

(Edited to remove typo)
Hi

Thank you so much for your advise. I did not realise that the eyelash extension glue cause the permanent damage in the eye.
thanks again

I would basically just remember that it's a quick drying glue! Ever accidentally got a bit of super glue or nail glue on your finger? Within seconds your fingers are stuck together and stuck to everything around them! Lol, same kind of thing really, :confused:

I had superglue in my eyes once, so I hope this is helpful. I was gluing wedding decorations and had a disaster.

They should never open their eyes during anyway, but if it happened have some saline solution ready every time just in case. Then they need to go straight to a&e. Then you call your insurer immediately and tell them what has happened and what you have done. The superglue was on my eyeball and it felt like fire for maybe 5 mins, screaming (like 10 times worse than when lash glue remover gets in your eyes). Think I went a bit blind for a few seconds. Luckily I had some lash glue remover to hand so I could remove the superglue from my lashes as they had glued together too. After that it felt like a dry scab on my eyeball.. The docs and nurses didn't know what to do with me...6 hours later I was in a n eye clinic and they scraped some of it off but most of it was already healed. They said eyes heal faster than any part of the body. So there is a real risk of permanent damage but because it was on the whites of my eyes I was really lucky.

Gosh that sounds horrific you poor thing [emoji85]

My mum got my dad to put eye drops in her eyes but gave him super glue by mistake! She was very lucky and had no permanent damage. She had to go back to A&E daily to have the pieces of loosened glue removed.

That sounds awful but you should always remind your clients not to open their eyes during the treatment.

god some scary reading, i always tell clients im going to start lashing now please dont open ur eyes till i tell you to. if you feel you need toilet let me know but again do not open eyes till i tell you its safe..If its a new client i must say remember not to open ur eyes over and over lol. i had one client do this to me a few times till in the end i had to tell her if you cant keep your eyes shut i will have to stop sorry and i explained why,,,

My mum got my dad to put eye drops in her eyes but gave him super glue by mistake! She was very lucky and had no permanent damage. She had to go back to A&E daily to have the pieces of loosened glue removed.
Oh My Good GOD!!! Your poor Mum

Latest posts

Back