What to do when tip breaks off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deb379

Reaction score
Hi there

As this wasn't covered in my training I just wondered what you would do if a client comes to you with the tip broken off.

Do you buff down the area where the tip should be and apply a new tip, apply your white and then apply a thin coat of pink all over the nail? or Do you buff down entire nail, or do you soak right off and start again?

Deb379

I usually like to buff down the remaining product still leaving some on the nail and sculpt the nail. I do believe its also fine to add another tip over the old buffed down product.

I don't know which system you're using, but personally I soak right off and start again.

(PS - I'm a Backscratchers Trained Technician using fibreglass and china silk).

HTHs

G. xx

I would just buff down enough to apply a new tip then do whites, then add thin layer of pink to whole nail, making sure the stress area is ok.

Deb379 said:
Hi there

As this wasn't covered in my training I just wondered what you would do if a client comes to you with the tip broken off.

Do you buff down the area where the tip should be and apply a new tip, apply your white and then apply a thin coat of pink all over the nail? or Do you buff down entire nail, or do you soak right off and start again?

Deb379
Personnaly i soak off n start again but i think u can buff down then sculpt i soak off cos i cant sculpt yet

Yep i'd soak off and start again but i dont sculpt either - i guess it depends if you sculpt!

I have been using L&P on tip overlay.

I guess there is no right or wrong way then. When I did my own nails and the tip came off I buffed Z1 down and re-applied the tip and put a thin layer of pink over whole nail. Seemed to work OK.

Thanks all
Deb379

Latest posts

Back