What to do with a bald spot on my head? (pics)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yikerino

Reaction score
Hello,

I went to the salon about a week ago and for the first time in 3 years they somehow managed to leave me with a patch in my head. It's a small hole but I think it's still noticeable.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask for advice, but this is kind of psychologically draining and I'm looking for actual hair stylists and stuff that can give me advice on what to do. I would wear a hat but since I go to class, still wearing it indoors when I never actually use headwear would give away the fact that I'm covering up something.
P2i9ykG.png

I'm not a hairdresser but my son has something similar to this when he cuts his hair short, in his case it's just i think scar tissue on his scalp that doesn't grow hair. Longer hair covers it but it's always a bald spot underneath.

Or did the stylist actually clip this portion of your hair out by mistake?

Last edited:
I'm not a hairdresser but my son has something similar to this when he cuts his hair short, in his case it's just i think scar tissue on his scalp that doesn't grow hair. Longer hair covers it but it's always a bald spot underneath.

Or did the stylist actually clip this portion of your hair out by mistake?

I've never ever had this before. So the barber did clip this portion by mistake, I don't know how though.

Have you thought about using some sort of hair piece?

Hello,

I went to the salon about a week ago and for the first time in 3 years they somehow managed to leave me with a patch in my head. It's a small hole but I think it's still noticeable.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask for advice, but this is kind of psychologically draining and I'm looking for actual hair stylists and stuff that can give me advice on what to do. I would wear a hat but since I go to class, still wearing it indoors when I never actually use headwear would give away the fact that I'm covering up something.
P2i9ykG.png
It almost looks like theres a red/irritated spot on the bottom of it? Did you feel it at all? You're sure the barber made a mistake and this isn't anything medical? They sell a hair product that's for touching up your roots, it's basically like a safe spray paint for your hair lol you could use that, get the same color as your hair and spray it in that spot...shoot you could use a marker if you wanted lol or even makeup! Like a dark eye shadow or eye liner...good luck!

It almost looks like theres a red/irritated spot on the bottom of it? Did you feel it at all? You're sure the barber made a mistake and this isn't anything medical? They sell a hair product that's for touching up your roots, it's basically like a safe spray paint for your hair lol you could use that, get the same color as your hair and spray it in that spot...shoot you could use a marker if you wanted lol or even makeup! Like a dark eye shadow or eye liner...good luck!

Went to a dermatologist and turns out the barber actually didn't make a mistake. I thought it was weird because I only saw it after I cut my hair, maybe my longer hair before hid this.

It's an auto immune response to the hair follicles according to him, he prescribed me with a cream to grow my hair faster. Thanks for the advice, and I actually don't feel self-conscious at all knowing its a medical problem and not a barber mistake. I'm not even going to try to hide it lol.

Latest posts

Back