What to do with client???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sawasdee ka

When i read the post first time i think is another salon because she ask many question about products and sanitation and want to know about how many booking i think that is why she open your book maybe i wrong .

We have some thing funny we have a thai lady come to my salon she look nail art outside my shop for a long time after she come inside and she want nail art on 10 finger with different flower on every finger so my sister do for her and she sit look very close my sister speak if you want to learn we can show you she speak she feel shy because her boss send her to my salon to have 10 flowers so they can copy our flower :biggrin: .

We charge her 100 baht is cheap and give her my buissness card with website address and tell her tell your boss you can look website copy our flowers for free :) do not have to send you for have nail art next day she come back to my salon and buy paints and brush and say my boss say thank you :lol: .

mui from Thailand

oh shaza that is awful after what it is takin getting your salon up and running in the first place, take no notice , you will be a fab sucess i know it , take care love dee

Good for you, Mui! And look, you got a sale out of it by acting like a professional!

Hi guys

Just come on to read all of your interesting replies to my post. Well here I am with the verdict then.

I went into work on saturday, after nearly no sleep, worrying about any impending confrontation etc... Anyway, I decided that as my past job in banking (10 years) was complaint related, I would call her. That way I could be really confident, but she wouldnt see me face to face. She picked up the phone in her tone, as if whoever was phoneing was interupting her time. Anyway, I was so upset by her mannerism I actually politely told her that I was having to cancel her appointment that afternoon. No I don't think so, were her exact words. I went on to explain to her that she had seriously upset my client, and that The Nail Lounge was a place for tranquality and relaxation, not a place for dashing around demanding things. I told her that I was upset that she had gone round the back of my reception and looked in my appointment book etc...

Her reply was instantly in defence of her actions, she was in a rush, had no time to book the appointment. I suggested that perhaps she might like to phone for an appointment in future, she indicated that she not only didn't know the salon name (trying to make me look and feel really small - didnt work though) and that if she had have called she wasnt prepared to speak to someone in India who wouldn't be able to pronounce her name. What a pompous woman.

I let her go on and on saying how she really wanted an appointment and she eventually apologised. After that I felt she had finally shown me some respect.

When she came in for her appointment, I was really nervous. However, I treated her like any client, and pretended that we hadn't even had that mornings telephone conversation. She said that she was sorry we had got off on the wrong foot, and that she really loved my salon and desperately wanted to come her for her services.

All in all she was very complementary about my salon and services, and I really do think that on reflection, she will be one of my most loyal clients, she will always be hard work though, but I know that she understands where our reletionship is, and she will now respect me, and me her.

The start of something wonderful perhaps?

I am glad that I did the old Kiss and Kick aproach via the phone, it gave me more confidence. I certainly kissed her during our appointment, however she reciprocated.
A worthwhile lesson learned.

Thanks everyone for your support

thenaillounge said:
Hi guys

Just come on to read all of your interesting replies to my post. Well here I am with the verdict then.

I went into work on saturday, after nearly no sleep, worrying about any impending confrontation etc... Anyway, I decided that as my past job in banking (10 years) was complaint related, I would call her. That way I could be really confident, but she wouldnt see me face to face. She picked up the phone in her tone, as if whoever was phoneing was interupting her time. Anyway, I was so upset by her mannerism I actually politely told her that I was having to cancel her appointment that afternoon. No I don't think so, were her exact words. I went on to explain to her that she had seriously upset my client, and that The Nail Lounge was a place for tranquality and relaxation, not a place for dashing around demanding things. I told her that I was upset that she had gone round the back of my reception and looked in my appointment book etc...

Her reply was instantly in defence of her actions, she was in a rush, had no time to book the appointment. I suggested that perhaps she might like to phone for an appointment in future, she indicated that she not only didn't know the salon name (trying to make me look and feel really small - didnt work though) and that if she had have called she wasnt prepared to speak to someone in India who wouldn't be able to pronounce her name. What a pompous woman.

I let her go on and on saying how she really wanted an appointment and she eventually apologised. After that I felt she had finally shown me some respect.

When she came in for her appointment, I was really nervous. However, I treated her like any client, and pretended that we hadn't even had that mornings telephone conversation. She said that she was sorry we had got off on the wrong foot, and that she really loved my salon and desperately wanted to come her for her services.

All in all she was very complementary about my salon and services, and I really do think that on reflection, she will be one of my most loyal clients, she will always be hard work though, but I know that she understands where our reletionship is, and she will now respect me, and me her.

The start of something wonderful perhaps?

I am glad that I did the old Kiss and Kick aproach via the phone, it gave me more confidence. I certainly kissed her during our appointment, however she reciprocated.
A worthwhile lesson learned.

Thanks everyone for your support
Way to go Gina! You should be really proud of yourself coz i would be ;) .
Best wishes and good luck with the salon.

Thanks Carole your support is much appreciated.

oh i am glad it turned out ok, i would have been a nervous wreak, good on ya ,love dee

Well Done Gina !!

You did the right thing in getting your point across, and being totally professional about it all, even though you probably felt like slapping her!!

Best of luck with the salon, and lets hope this is the rudest customer you'll ever have thru your doors!!!!

congratulations! Everyone else will seem like pussycats. You have demonstrated that you are professional and that it is YOUR salon. She will now be your biggest advert!

Cathy

I know we r all shocked at the way this lady has behaved but there really r some rude clients out there that do think u r just there for there beck and call, i also wondered if this lady has nail bar or salon not far from where u r which is why she might b very interested in what products u use hope all goes well keep us posted we will all want to no the end result keep smiling be positve be professional good luck

Well handled babe, like a true professional...........
I bet she will be your best client from now on............
Go girl go !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back