What to expect during a beauty college course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buttercup789

Reaction score
Hi, I recently accepted a placement in college for a nail and beauty course and I was wondering if you could answer a couple of questions I have about the course.

Is there anything I can do in between now and the course starting to prepare myself for it e.g. book or websites recommendations?

I am very self conscious about my body as I have a lot of scars and stretchmarks and loose skin (from losing weight) and I was wondering what parts of my body will other people on the course be able to see for example when practising waxing and other beauty treatments? and if you have any of these things how did other people on your course react to them?

Is there anything you wish you knew before starting your beauty course?

thank you for reading. :)

Hello. My daughter did Level 2 Beauty and I did Level 3 at college last year. I would highly recommend getting a head start on learning the anatomy and physiology side. Speak to your college to ask if they recommend a book (it will depend what course you are doing). If you can get a good understanding before you start it will really help you during the course and also make revising for exams easier.

With regard to exposing your body for treatments, I also felt very self conscious, particularly about my stomach. The tutors should be understanding but also remember that clients also feel the same way so as therapists we always try to put them at ease and protect their modesty as much as possible, so the same should be afforded to students at college. We always used towels and couch roll to cover areas and only exposed small areas at a time.

There were students of all ages, shapes and sizes, which I found very reassuring! Nobody was pressurised to have anything done if they really felt uncomfortable with it.

Good luck :)

Doing beauty therapy helped me be more body confident because you see how different and human everyone is and what can be done with beauty treatments.

Latest posts

Back