What to look for in a reputable hairdresser?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amy_lou

Reaction score
So long story cut short, I've had an awful experience with hairdressers so far and am going for a consultation the weekend for a new one. What should I look out for to know if they are any good? I want bleach highlights but my previous hairdresser pulled the colour through to the ends, she use hi lift as 'better for my hair' (her words) and it's just frizzy, breaking etc.

Thanks x

So long story cut short, I've had an awful experience with hairdressers so far and am going for a consultation the weekend for a new one. What should I look out for to know if they are any good? I want bleach highlights but my previous hairdresser pulled the colour through to the ends, she use hi lift as 'better for my hair' (her words) and it's just frizzy, breaking etc.

Thanks x

Before you do anymore damage to your hair, I'd recommend a decent cut and treatments and no further chemical processes to be carried out until your hair condition is improved.

Best way to find a decent hairdresser is to ask your friends and family for recommendations.

Thanks Hun I will ask around. X

Amy ...NO!! I've read through all your topics dating back to September and all of them state your hair is frizzy, over processed and tangly!! Yet you have more colour, hi lifts and bleach added.
PLEASE lay off the bleach and get z good cut and treatments before you have anymore processes or you won't need to worry what colour hair to have because you won't have any left
No decent hairdresser will touch your hair with more colouring processes until you get some condition back

Amy, if you try to lighten it anymore, IT WILL BREAK OFF.

How much louder do I need to shout before you will listen, lol???

Just get it cut short, wait for it to grow (at least 6 months to a year), and then start again slowly.

A simple analogy to help you understand:

If you wash a woolly jumper at 60 degrees, it will shrink to half it's size and be ruined. You cannot stretch it back to it's previous size. Agree?

You have done the equivalent with your hair.

I agree with all the others geeks on here, do not have anymore colour put on your hair for a while! Have a good haircut, use a really good shampoo and conditioner and do a deep treatment twice a week. If you do decide to have more colour the condition will only get worse! X

I'm not a hairdresser but my hair was over processed by a stylist who put bleach through to the ends at every highlight appointment instead of just the regrowth and I was in the same situation as you. It's taken me 6 months of TLC using deep conditioning treatments and laying off any heat plus 4 inches cut off to get my hair back to a decent state. Don't put any more colour through your hair it will NOT rectify what's been done to it already but will make it snap off. Just get a decent cut and nurse it back to good health.

Really, stay away from colour for a while. Keratin treatments can help restore the hairs integrity and smoothness, but you really need to lay off the colouring and let it settle.
Joico k Pak range will help too, but can't be used in conjunction with keratin blow dries. If you go down the blow dry route, use Pureology sulphate free hydrate or repair range
X

Latest posts

Back