What to take with me?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy 100

Reaction score
Hello

Can anyone help, myself and two of my friends are about to encounter the four day foundation course with creative, and we are very very very very excited!

Please can you advise us as to what to take with us on our first day, obviously to wear a salon uniform and to take a pad and pen anything else?

x x x x x

The FDFC is very relaxed so don't get yourselves all stressed thinking it's prim and proper. Just wear something casual (but no denim). I think I wore a pair of black trousers and a jumper !!
Re: things to take - depends where u r doing the course. I did mine at Leeds and there is a one stop nail shop there so we could buy anything extra we needed at the shop. You may find you need a box of extra tips. The kit is v v v good and comes with virtually everything you will need so relax and go enjoythe course !!!

i brought some tip cutters which was lucky because i was the only one with them apart from the tutor!!

Hi

You need to take your tools eg: tipcutters, scizzors, cuticle pusher ect and a towel and a desk towel (paper towel) You get files, tips and a brush as well as forms and your products but you dont get a girlfriend so take one of those

Well, firstly good luck on your foundation... AND REMEMBER TO ENJOY!!!

If your unsure of anything, you need to contact the academy. it is best as far as our academy in essex goes, to wear salon uniform for your foundation but i would check with your ambassador first. you need to be prepared for the experience you are about to encounter... so if your organised and know what to take and what to wear, you can concentrate on your EXCITEMENT!! YAY!

All the best, and dont 4get to keep us posted...

:biggrin: :biggrin:

xxx

Daisy 100 said:
Hello

Can anyone help, myself and two of my friends are about to encounter the four day foundation course with creative, and we are very very very very excited!

Please can you advise us as to what to take with us on our first day, obviously to wear a salon uniform and to take a pad and pen anything else?

x x x x x
Just a thought....don't forget your lunch!!! When I did my training there was nowhere around to grab a bit to eat, so lucky for me I'd taken some sarnies!

Also, take what ever you'd use on your desk eg. towel and couch roll

Enjoy your course, it your anything like the rest of us, you'll be buzzing with excitement and raring to go with practising what you've learned!!

Good luck

Jenny - Nails x

Oh Oh...now I'm having a mini panic.

I'm booked on the 4 day foundation course soon, and have absolutely no nail experience at all. I've never even done a manicure!

The only tools that I have are tools that I've had bought me as christmas pressies...the bog standard nail manicure set in a little pouch! <cringe>

So...will I still have to buy towel rolls etc? Cutters...cuticle pushers etc? When I called the academy and explained that I'd no experience she didn't say "Oh my God we've got a right one here girls..." type of thing...but now I'm panicking thinking that I should have at least some basic manicure experience...or am I worrying over nothing?

Thanks...xx

Angela
xx

DO NOT WORRY - You don't HAVE to bring ANYTHING - no one else will be doing because we don't ask you to... if we needed you to bring stuff, we would ask you... ALL PLEASE CHILL - THIS IS A FOUNDATION COURSE; not a conversion - you are beginners; go like lovely young sponges and soak it up!!!! :biggrin:

Hi

You can buy a designer nails student walet full of tools and on your training day you get £10 off , i did at the leeds osns anyway. I am sure i will be corrected if this is no longer the case. If you are worried why not ring and speak to someone at the acadamy i am sure they will put your mind at rest.

I would reccomend the getting the girlfriend buffer and a larger size scrub fresh, oh and a bottle of the cuticle remover, you get the aha in your kit the other remover seems more effective. IMO

Thanks Mrs Geek....I was just having a mini panic. I will buy some files and buffers..like the Girlfriend etc - so that I can go away and practice on my friends.

Just a thought...I've heard about the Girlfriend and Koala files/buffer...to start me off what would you recommend by way of files? I know I'd need the white block...and that's about it....so a few files and buffers to start me off - which ones do you recommend?

Thanks

Angela

Angela,

you will get a sampler of about 9 different types of files in your kit - wait and see what they have as we are all different and we dont all like the same files - see what you like.

Awww thanks so much for your replies.....it's very good of you...xx

Angela
xx

Take your cheque book. They give you a long list of stuff that you 'have to have' or you won't pass and a lot of it isn't included in the kit. We all spent hundreds on stuff that we were told we'd need and half of it we didn't. My advice is don't get carried away. Good luck and enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back