What to wear?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The beauty lady

Reaction score
Hi all. I do mainly nails and I struggle to get away with tunics. They make me sweat, pull around my back even with a bigger size and the back split and just find them sooo uncomfortable. So what do you guys wear? I need some inspiration.Any photos would help x

The salon I work at is pretty laid back. Mostly I just wear nice jeans, and blouse, and my black apron.

I can't stand the polyester beauty tunics...I get far too hot! I know how you feel.
I wear an asymetrical poly/cotton mix tunic with zip and 2 roomy pockets. Love it and in a nice hyacynth blue it looks lovely IMO.

When my children were little and I was rushing here to there taking them and collecting them,in between clients I wore a smart white cotton blouse and a nice tabard over with all my beauty badges and fob watch . I was smart but not overly restricted.

Not a tabard that is what a cleaner would wear ,it was a daisychain , quite square hemline. Looked smart.

For me trained in white dress/white tights/ white shoes I was quite a maverick !

Also to add my nursing friends wear scrubs In the summer and they are thinner fabric, cooler and come in a nice range of colours.
Look at Dencowear ( that's what I have)
Also AWB textiles for some ideas.
Happy shopping

Do you work in a salon or are you home based? I'm going to be home based and want to be quite relaxed so planning on wearing black jeans and a black t-shirt with logo printed on.

Home based, but I like a uniform as it's not spoiling my normal day wear. I have just done someones grotty feet and there is dead skin , yuck, and scrub, and massage cream stuck to my work trousers ( Peacocks- black work trousers) looks disgusting.
Will have to change as they look minging now.
I would only ever wear my normal clothes if I had a couple of clean jobs on - say on a friday morning. ( eyebrow, tinting, nails)

It really is your choice as to what you wear , being self employed means you can do whatever you like. I couldn't wear jeans daily as I would ruin my nice clothes and as my work trousers are cheap, easily laundered ,and can get anything spilt on them am I aren't going to panic.
RosieR

Hi all. I do mainly nails and I struggle to get away with tunics. They make me sweat, pull around my back even with a bigger size and the back split and just find them sooo uncomfortable. So what do you guys wear? I need some inspiration.Any photos would help x

I wear black vests underneath to soak up my sweat and change them between clients so I don’t have to change my tunic. If I just wear the tunic and I massage I can feel the sweat drip down my back yuck

I was thinking jack st good leggans and a long line swing tunicy top. It's finding them that's hard though.

I know what you mean about the tunics. I've got a few sat in my wardrobe that I never wear as they don't fit niceley and aren't very comfortable I finally found a style I like from Simon Jersey - it's a linen look/feel one with 2 pockets (which I love as I can put a tissue, my phone, a hair band etc in them!). I actually buy them 2 sizes too big! It doesn't cling to my tummy (which I hate) and has a much nicer feel than the nylon/polyester ones. It's about £39 I think, so a bit pricey.

If I've just got a day of doing nails and especially if its regulars, I have a selection of long-line/tunic black tops that I buy whenever I see one I like (often Matalan!) - some have long sleeves, some short sleeves and I wear them with different styles of black trousers. I am tempted to get a short apron with my logo printed on it though for doing nails.

I was thinking about this. Looking into if my brands I use do clothing or aprons.

We use high neck, surgical cotton aprons that we had made for us. You can wash at 90°C, there is a big kangaroo pocket in the front and they last for years. Being white they don't show the dust.

I normally just use an apron over my clothes, but i have a set of scrubs too (what doctors wear) from ebay. So comfy xx

Latest posts

Back