What toner can I use to replicate this colour?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjrm27

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post on here so please be kind as I’m still training!

I recently bleached my hair and got it a little lighter than I wanted after trying to follow a very similar formula outlined here by Tracey Cunningham in the screenshot of the Instagram post attached.

My hair is currently sitting at a very very light bleached blonde, I toned with Wella Koleston 10/03 on wet hair and whilst the colour is a very lovely subtle beige, it’s a still too light for what I wanted, aka the screenshot of the blonde boy in the photo. I was wondering what pros would suggest I use as a toner?

The salon I work for uses L’Oréal but I tend to prefer buying wella from Sally’s and using that myself if anyone has any suggestions from the koleston range. Either way I’d love to hear your thoughts on how I could drop my hair down a shade or two, warm it up but keep it from going all murky! I was thinking mixing maybe 1/3 9/0 with 2/3 10/03 or 10/38... obviously still learning so keen to get thoughts from the community! Thank you in advance for any responses [emoji4]

ed6229c59bad99b74ee5baeefd17f9b0.jpg

Anyone have any ideas? Would love to hear thoughts as really keen to do this soon!

For like the photo I would use an 8.4 In shwartzkopf vibrance with 1.9

Really? I’d have thought an 8 would be too dark since the level of desired colour here is a 9.5... thank you though, something to consider!

Hi. Have you ever used Redken Shades EQ? They have a beautiful natural light honey blonde colour that's amazing as a toner on bleach called Vanilla cream. If you want to add a bit of beige, Irish cream. Or a bit of 9 base, Cafe au lait. Their ash pearl and violet tones are amazing too, Platinum ice is great...I use wella, loreal & schwarzkopf too but have been finding I use a lot of redken these days.

I’ve never used redken but super keen to try, it’s just a little harder to get hold of here in the UK. Thanks so much for your suggestions, I’ve had a look at the shade chart and I reckon butter cream and Irish cream look great, just the right amount of warmth

Really? I’d have thought an 8 would be too dark since the level of desired colour here is a 9.5... thank you though, something to consider!
9.4(beige) then if you need level 9 xx

Hi. Have you ever used Redken Shades EQ? They have a beautiful natural light honey blonde colour that's amazing as a toner on bleach called Vanilla cream. If you want to add a bit of beige, Irish cream. Or a bit of 9 base, Cafe au lait. Their ash pearl and violet tones are amazing too, Platinum ice is great...I use wella, loreal & schwarzkopf too but have been finding I use a lot of redken these days.
Hi sorry to jump in - where/ who supplies the Redken stuff to you? I’m just a hairdresser with a home salon so don’t have a rep but can’t seem to find where stocks it. The colours look fab aswell and I really want to try them out.

Hi sorry to jump in - where/ who supplies the Redken stuff to you? I’m just a hairdresser with a home salon so don’t have a rep but can’t seem to find where stocks it. The colours look fab aswell and I really want to try them out.
I order from salon centric

I get colours from a few of the salon supplies stores for professional hairdressers around here. If you check out all your local salon & beauty supplies wholesalers hopefully one of them will stock it. You might need to show them your hairdressing qualifications to open an account and buy from them.

Also if it's hard to get in the UK, maybe try ebay?

You'll need to mix Redken shades eq colours 1:1 with Shades EQ Gloss processing solution.

Apply to dry or shampooed hair and process up to 20 mins. Does not lift natural hair at all. Great for toning foils

Attachments

• 20190206_173247.jpg
    20190206_173247.jpg
    870.6 KB · Views: 33
I want to use Redken! Not easy to get over here and not paying the prices nor would I trust from eBay.

Op- I would probably use what you suggested from the kolestAn range, tho maybe the /38 might be too ash? Let us know what you do in the end x

Anyone have any ideas? Would love to hear thoughts as really keen to do this soon!
Take a look at colour touch 9/97
Or 9/03
8/38 is also a lovely colour

Latest posts

Back