What treatment/products to invest in next

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinkyboots33

Reaction score
Little bit about me. Im a home salon (atm) and dont have a huge amount of space. So, I offer the following treatments...

Nails
Semi-permanent lashes
LVL Lashes
Tans
HD Brows

I have the learning bug and wondered what to train in next?

What is your most popular treatments?

What is your biggest money maker?

I love the idea of Semi-permanent makeup but being a home salon and the cost of training it wouldnt be feasible right now

Curious about the 3d brow craze but as I already do HDs im thinking it might be a waste of money.

HD are bringing out a new makeup range and I had hoped that there would be classes in Scotland but there isnt and there is no way id travel to Milton Keynes for it.

Just thinking out load here really...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

No advice or opinions?

We do the whole range of treatments. But nails is our biggest earner. Do u do gel polish? We do OPI gel polish and it's definitely our biggest money maker!

Yup. Im qualified in all nail treatments. :)

What about Waxing?

Hi brow (eyebrow extensions) by lash perfect!! Can't wait to try them xx

Massage is my biggest earner by far. Most expensive treatment, least amount of product. Love it.

Thanks guys.

Im considering waxing but is there much profit?

Im intrigued by the brow course but want to wait and see how is pans out, its all very new.

Iv also been offered volume lashes but im doubtful my clients will pay the price as I gain very few clients for lash extensions unless there is an offer on.

Intimate waxing is very lucrative , so maybe train in that ?

Would highly recommend kim lawless , I had previously trained with another company and was neither confident or proficient at it , did my first Hollywood since Kim's training and was done in 30 mins , couldn't believe it ! It was taking me one hour to an 90 mins before. Her technique really is unique :)

Kim is up my way in April so I think ill go with the speed waxing, if I get on ok I could possible do the intimate the next time she is up. I just dont know how comfortable/dignified it would be for my clients to let it all hang out, literally. I mean, can you not do just as good a job by letting the client keep her pants on and move them to either side?

In a nut shell... No :)

Trying to give you client a bit of modesty is pointless , to remove all the hair your going to have to see it all anyway and you'll only make the treatment longer , and every client will want to get it over and done with as quickly as possible :)

Face frame 3d eyebrows, lasts twice as long as the hi brow extensions, it's my best selling treatment at the moment besides nails xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 255
Defiantly waxing! Returning clients and they're always adding other areas to be waxed! I use pr waxes, am mobile, charge the going rate for my area & I still make a decent profit! I do intimate waxing but not Kim lawless trained ... Yet! My training was a bit basic & I can't wait to be able to learn a better technique! Massage is also popular for me, but also one of the first treatments clients drop when pennies are tight!

Kim is up my way in April so I think ill go with the speed waxing, if I get on ok I could possible do the intimate the next time she is up. I just dont know how comfortable/dignified it would be for my clients to let it all hang out, literally. I mean, can you not do just as good a job by letting the client keep her pants on and move them to either side?

I'm really surprised at the clients who have taken up intimate waxing. Quite often they just want to go small then it gets smaller and smaller and I say 'Time to take your knickers off' and what seemed impossible when they first arrived suddenly becomes possible!

I have also found that because I do noonies my clients are more confident asking to have other areas waxed. My client asked me to wax her breast area the other day. I was more than happy to oblige and I think my intimate waxing gave her the confidence to ask.

Vicki x

I would start by asking your existing clients what new treatments they would be interested in, as they will be your starting market for these new services. Maybe make a little questionnaire with treatment options on it? Or look at what treatments are lacking in your immediate area so that you have an advantage over competition xx

In a nut shell... No :)

Trying to give you client a bit of modesty is pointless , to remove all the hair your going to have to see it all anyway and you'll only make the treatment longer , and every client will want to get it over and done with as quickly as possible :)

Aw really :-( im just thinking frm my point of view (inc friends) id be mortified if I got told to strip, I probably wouldnt do it as I would have been too shocked. How do you get round that? A friend of mine gets it all off ( or so she says) but keeps her pants on - dont really understand?

Face frame 3d eyebrows, lasts twice as long as the hi brow extensions, it's my best selling treatment at the moment besides nails xx

Thanks, is it an easy treatment to learn? How much would you charge for the set in the picture and how long would it take you? Hope you dont mind the questions.

Defiantly waxing! Returning clients and they're always adding other areas to be waxed! I use pr waxes, am mobile, charge the going rate for my area & I still make a decent profit! I do intimate waxing but not Kim lawless trained ... Yet! My training was a bit basic & I can't wait to be able to learn a better technique! Massage is also popular for me, but also one of the first treatments clients drop when pennies are tight!

Thanks. Not really into massage but thanks for the massage info. Is it reasonably profitable for you?

I'm really surprised at the clients who have taken up intimate waxing. Quite often they just want to go small then it gets smaller and smaller and I say 'Time to take your knickers off' and what seemed impossible when they first arrived suddenly becomes possible!

I have also found that because I do noonies my clients are more confident asking to have other areas waxed. My client asked me to wax her breast area the other day. I was more than happy to oblige and I think my intimate waxing gave her the confidence to ask.

Vicki x

So.. if trained by Kim could you break your clients in gently or is it a case of pants off or bugger off? Did you already do waxing when you done Kims course?

I would start by asking your existing clients what new treatments they would be interested in, as they will be your starting market for these new services. Maybe make a little questionnaire with treatment options on it? Or look at what treatments are lacking in your immediate area so that you have an advantage over competition xx

Love the name...lol...

Fab idea :) might print something off tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back