What type is easier?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joannesnails

Reaction score
Hello,Im due to take a course in manicure and pedicure soon. Im also considering doing nail extensions too but im not sure which type i should do Gel nails? Acrylic nails? or Fibreclass?:irked: Which is the easyest way e.g quickest way to do nails, also what do you find looks the best?

thank you

I do both Gel and Liquid and powder and tbh I wouldn't say either is easier. If you are planning on doing an enhancement course be prepared to accept that it won't be 'easy' it takes a lot of skill and practice to create a good looking nail even more for a beautiful one :lol:

Neither system will make a better looking set of enhancements than the other IMO

Good Luck with your Mani/pedi courses xx

I have to say that i don,t think that one is easier then the other and different techniques can all look beautifull. To be able to get that beautifull result takes a lot of practise and knowledge that you gain over time...therefore I must say that there is no such thing as an easy fast solutions when it comes to doing nail enhancements.

Hi there
I am trained in both Gels and Liquid and Powder.
They both have their pros and cons...

Gels, you get more time to play with the product and less smell, but there is a lot more mucking around using UV lamps etc.

Liquid and Powder, smells quite strong, drys by itself so if your not used to it can dry before you've got your desired result, but a lot less mucking around and I find it easier to sculpt.

Everyone I know uses L&P but I think its worthwhile trying both to see which you prefer.

hiya i do the three systems the easiest from my opinion is the fiberglass or the wrap system and its very quick to do...but its better to use for repairs because its not a strong system...so i will suggest to do gel or L&P i luv the L&P...its up to u...u may find gel easier than L&P or the opposite..good luck

wont you learn all 3 systems in your course? It's such a personal thing, as we all find certain things easier or more fiddly than others, it really depends on how you feel while you're doing your training.
All I can say is PLEASE don't do a one-day or correspondance course, save up, and get accredited by a good company, who might not be the cheapest, but you will get better results and better guidance.

good luck! :) x

Are you a nail technician . Because here you are asking what system is easier.

You are saying in other threads that you are qualified and work from home as a nail technician??

Please correct me if I have mis-read.

I am getting confused. :irked:

Elaine xx

Last edited:
Are you a nail technician . Because here you are asking what system is easier.

You are saying in other threads that you are qualified and work from home as a nail technician??

Please correct me if I have mis-read.

I am getting confused. :irked:

Elaine xx
I wondered about this too, in your profile you say you do nails & skin ?
what exactly are you qualified in ?

Hello,Im due to take a course in manicure and pedicure soon. Im also considering doing nail extensions too but im not sure which type i should do Gel nails? Acrylic nails? or Fibreclass?:irked: Which is the easyest way e.g quickest way to do nails, also what do you find looks the best?

thank you
to offer or work in a salon you need to be able to do all nail types.:green:

I don't think it's a case of "easier" I think all systems are very different.
Some people prefer certain systems. I prefer L&P but I also like gel.
I detest fibreglass...always have.. but that's just my personal preference.

to offer or work in a salon you need to be able to do all nail types.:green:

all nail types yes...but not necessarily all systems...:)

That aside -
TBH I find L&P easier - BUT thats probably because i learnt it first and do more of them and am more confident with it. No system is easy - its practice, training and perserverance that makes a good nail tech in any chosen system.
HTH:hug:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm confused.
Maybe "wants to learn to do nails" ?

I have trained in acrylic, gel, silks/fibreglass and "tip&dip" but from choice now only offer l&p (acrylic) and gel. Of the two, I find l&p more robust and I have quite a few heavy handed clients for whom gel just doesn't cut it. I guess the split is about 85% l&p 15% gel.

I trained in gel first but soon found I was turning away clients as people were ringing up for l&p nails, and not prepared to give gel a try. So after about 8 months I trained in l&p as well so I didn't have to turn any work away at all.

hth

Oh, almost forgot to say, I think the systems are very different to learn, neither is easy. If you are looking for "easy" then I really wouldn't choose nails as an option lol, there is SO MUCH to learn and most of us will probably have felt like throwing in the towel when things don't go right, or you run into problems in the early days. You need determination and perseverance, in my opinion, to make nails your career. Personally I've been passionate from the word go, totally hooked, and so that spurred me on. Good luck with whatever you choose. xx

hi,
i think if you filled out more info in your profile people may be able to give you clearer answers to you questions as it is not clear at the moment what you are trained in or offer as a service.:)
I am trained in liquid and powder and this is all i offer in the salon i work in i dont think you need to know/ offer all systems in a salon....although i want to learn them all eventually, lol.
HTH's

Latest posts

Back